Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mrs. Dog\'s Disappearing Mustard

Options
2»

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    was the year stike backed out of an eggfest

Classic!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    Edit:  props to mrs dogs for having a 9 year old hyperlink still work! 
    I was stunned that link didn't return a 404 page.
    Question. If she is still doing business, why would the link not work? 
    It is something generally known as "link rot". This often occurs when websites go thru periodic redesigns and various pages are renamed or the site file structure is changed which then breaks the path that old links need.

Some sites will go to the trouble of redirecting an old link to to a current page. Many sites don't bother spending the time/money that might take and then the user will get the "404 Page Not Found".

In this case the link was a simple path just one "step" away from the main page with a simple generic name (products.html) so it has a much better chance of staying "alive". Still, it's always surprising when a link that old still "sticks the landing".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    Edit:  props to mrs dogs for having a 9 year old hyperlink still work! 
    I was stunned that link didn't return a 404 page.
    Question. If she is still doing business, why would the link not work? 
    It is something generally known as "link rot". This often occurs when websites go thru periodic redesigns and various pages are renamed or the site file structure is changed which then breaks the path that old links need.

Some sites will go to the trouble of redirecting an old link to to a current page. Many sites don't bother spending the time/money that might take and then the user will get the "404 Page Not Found".

In this case the link was a simple path just one "step" away from the main page with a simple generic name (products.html) so it has a much better chance of staying "alive". Still, it's always surprising when a link that old still "sticks the landing".
    I had no idea. In my defense, I’m not real tech savvy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.