Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time sear

JerseyEgger
JerseyEgger Posts: 315
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So all day while i was at work i kept thinking about what I should cook tonight for dinner on my girlfriend. So it basically was a game time decision as I pulled up onto the parking lot of the grocery store. I thought steaks! I found a nice little NY Strip and a boneless sirloin. I have never tried steaks on the egg so I was flying blind

Being it was after work I decided to use over the counter seasoning instead of creating my own. So I put a very thing layer of mustard on and then sprinkled some Weber Chicago Steak seasoning on.

I fired up the egg (I'm not sure what's more fun eggin' or playing with the torch LOL. I let it get to 700 and I put the steaks on. I went about a minute and half opened and flipped and closed. I let go about another minute and a half then I finished the cook open (about another 3 1/2 minutes.

I probably should have went hire on temp to get better marks. However they melted in my mouth. The best results I have ever had. The best part is I am sure they can be better once this was my first stab! I accidentally ate them both...

a1889374.jpg

9f137d01.jpg

63e213ff.jpg

2d345318.jpg

8b427bef.jpg
-Eddie

Comments