Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HAPPY WOOSDAY

Options
Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two original oil paintings from a Gallery in Puerto Vallarta

RSCN8424.jpg

DSCN8365.jpg

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Her first egg. She's sooooo proud !!!

egg.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Ok Beli is that 2 paintings you punched out between grilling yesterday :woohoo: :whistle:
    You are truly a renaissance man.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Pic from last trip to Molly's world.
    Colorado2010036.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Gator Bait
    Options

Hi All

Once there was a bug . . .
    DSC_6429A_640.jpg

. . . then there was none. :)
    DSC_6438A_640.jpg

My little friend, a Green Treefrog (Hyla cinerea) is only about an inch and a half long.
    DSC_6446A_640.jpg

It is always a pleasure to see these little neighbors, they are not as common as they once were. I was sitting on my steps last night while egging a steak for dinner when some motion behind me caught my attention. This little guy was attracted to the floodlight and the bugs around it. With the accidental introduction of the invasive Cuban Treefrog (Osteopilus septentrionalis) almost a hundred years ago the Greens have a hard time competing for food and space as well as not becoming dinner to the larger Cuban.

Here are a few photos of a Cuban Treefrog I have posted previously.
    DSCN7013A_640.jpg

DSCN7010A_640.jpg

DSCN7029A_640.jpg

Have a great Woosday All,

Blair

• Slotmercenary
    Options
    Cool photos as usual on Woosday, here are a few from a week or so ago.
    DSC_6307.jpg
    DSC_6323.jpg
    DSC_6381.jpg
    DSC_6348.jpg
    DSC_6367.jpg
    DSC_2695.jpg

Thanks for looking.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    The garden is not producing as much as it once was but I still get some stuff a couple times a week.This mornings harvest.
    101910.jpg
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    Greetings Gator Bait,
    are you shooting with a 105 macro by any chance?
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    A little Autumn Color

IMG_1184.jpg

Happy WoosDay!

john
  • Beli
    Options
    Mickey, I'm just a humble Taco Vendor...that's how my sophomore friends called me while in The States.. :P
  • Beli
    Options
    Now, why Molly can't something like this???? :laugh: :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I love them both Beli! Over the moon my friend!!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Beli
    Options
    Great. Valeria is going to love these
  • Beli
    Options
    Aren't those great Molly, The artist is Rodo Padilla he's got some fantastic light work: www.rodopadilla.com.mx.
  • Beli
    Options
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Nice Beli. People's talents are so amazing. Here's my son with a quality redfish. We decided to let her swim in thanks for the specatcular topwater strike and subsequent fight. Good karma:
    IMAG0046.jpg?t=1287508544
    And here's my son playing with a snake. We ate him--JK!
    IMAG0049.jpg?t=1287508806
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great paintings Beli, very nice colours :)

Here are the boys, they are so good...when they are sleeping :laugh:
    hollowaychase.jpg

A bush at the church next door. The pic doesn't show how bright fire red these got this year
    Firebush.jpg

Shane
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hi Slotmercenary

Yes, you nailed it on the head, good call. It is a fantastic lens and I would hate to be without it. The photos of the Cuban Treefrog were shot with my Nikon CoolPix P5100 point and shoot, it has a great macro mode and is a great little camera.
    DSCN6241_640.jpg

The flash unit is a Nikon Cloe-Up Speedlight Remote Kit R-1 that is controlled by the built in controller in the D90. Not all Nikon's have the built in controller. It is all wireless and you can add many more flash unites and place them almost anywhere on or off the camera. It is the perfect compliment to this lens.

I also have a set of fully automatic extension tubes that will let me get in even closer. They are great in that they are relatively inexpensive and have no glass elements to them to corrupt the Nikon optics.DSC_0093_640.jpg

DSCN6245_640.jpg

With them I can shoot things like this little Leaf Hopper.
    DSC_5908B_640.jpg

Here is the set up for that shot.
    DSCN6512A_640.jpg

For long range shooting I can adapt my Nikon spotting scope which gives me a 1500mm f13 lens. Here I was shooting the Moon.
    DSCN6127_640.jpg

DSC_6234A_1024.jpg

Just for the fun of it HERE is a slideshow of all my Woosday photos.

• Gator Bait
    Options

Great photo's! Those are a lot of fun, very nice work.

Blair

• Beli
    Options
    Blair TKS for sharing your incredible talent.The slideshow is amazing!!
  • rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Options
  • abacobrad
    Options
    Great photos!
    Brad B. BGEL, Weber Kettle, Refurbished old Charbroil commercial
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Nice Red, I'm sure your karma will be repaid. :cheer:

In you second photo, are you sure that is a snake? What is the species? It has features that make me wonder if it is a Glass lizard. Glass lizards are amazing animals that have evolved to no longer have legs and can easily be mistaken for a snake. The Glass lizards have eye lids and ear holes that snakes do not. Coloration and makings in these critters can vary with the age of the animal and the one your son might be holding may not exactly match photos of others.

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks my friend, I am always happy to share. And Thanks again, as always you have blown us away with fantastic colors from your beautiful country. Those are great paintings.

Blair

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    My son said he thought it was a glass lizard.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks abacobrad, Woosdays are a fun tradition around here and it is a sad Tuesday that goes by without a Woosday post.

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks rooster, I always like Woosdays when I have something to share.

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Cool! They are very interesting animals (I say the same about snakes too, LOL). I have seen a few Glass Lizards since I moved down here many years ago and am always amazed by them. They are not as flexible as snakes and the first one I found was in the shallow rain gutter they build into some of the streets down here. His scales were so smooth and the concrete of the gutter so hard he couldn't get back up out of the gutter and was trapped there. I was on my bike and stopped and helped him on his way. What made me wonder about your photo was the scales on it. I can't recall seeing a snake with scales that smooth and shiny. They are probably out there but I just can't think of one off hand. If you look at a Skink, the four legged lizard, they have similar scales to the Glass Lizards, so smooth they almost look wet. Thanks for sharing, that is a nice find.

Blair

• Egglectic
    Egglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Beli
    Options
    That berry is almost surreal, is it actually called beautyberry?