Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tequila Lime Thigh Kabobs

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 4:34PM in EggHead Forum
Last night was the last night of bachelorhood as Sharon and Marina come home tonight. Had a great evening of welcome thunderstorms and Egging. Dinner was chicken kabobs. Boneless/skinless thighs and veggies marinated in Tequila Lime Marinade (bottled stuff). Pre-grilled the veggies on disposable grill screen to tenderize a bit before skewering with chicken. Used tjv's adjustable grid once again to support the skewers. Next time will use wooden skewers so stuff doesn't spin so mush during turning. Substituted fresh, young okra for shrooms this time. Nice flavor change.

Also did a mini skillet of fried okra as a side. Okra pic is my first fruits this summer, but much more on the way.

Mike

060-2.jpg

055-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

061.jpg

072.jpg

077.jpg

074.jpg

083-1.jpg

087.jpg

089-1.jpg

095-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    That looks amazing. You have a beautiful cooking area :)
  • Wow - mightyfine pics and mightyfine eats Mike

Chubby - Pay attention and maybe Mike will give you some hints :laugh:
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Da*m Mike, You win :ohmy:
    Best food
    Best Pictures
    and You are thinner than I am :angry:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Inspiring! Chicken kabobs tonight.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Mike, the Tequila Lime Chicken kabobs look fabulous! :) Now, don't let this go to that macroencephalitic head of yours, but your photography rocks!

Is that you LR gridlifter in the 4th and 9th pics....or another custom LR gizmo that I need to order? B)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Mike,

great looking cook...

would you mind taking some pics of the whole outdoor area you guys had built? I would love to see the whole thing completed...the little bits in your pics look awesome.. ;)
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Great meal! Fried okra is a favorite of mine but have never tried to do it on the Egg yet.

Nice use of the Rig for a kabob holder.
    Knoxville, TN
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Thank you, Kind Sir.
    I've tried, Frank, I've tried! ;)
    Maybe, but I gotta lose 10 pounds!
    Thank you, Dear. The head is safe. Yes, that is a LR Gridlifter.

Mike
    Thanks, Buddy! I love my fried okra!
    Kim:

Let me pull some up. I'll send them back in this thread.

Mike
    Thanks Mike.... :)
  • Great cook. Is that your grid lifter? Dave, Plumas Co, CA
  • MemphistideMemphistide Posts: 207
    outstanding
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Mike that is one good looking meal. Your pictures are awesome and clear, so clear in fact I believe I noticed a crack running from top to bottom on the base of your egg. If so doesn't it qualify for a replacement? Also now that I see how the grid lifter works I may have to add it to my order. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    Kim:

From the beginning. Note the celebs in the last shot.

patio009.jpg

tenderloinandcabbage021.jpg

patio025.jpg

patio026.jpg

patio033.jpg

patio045.jpg

patio048.jpg

patio091.jpg

porkandband063.jpg

porkandband067.jpg

porkandband073.jpg

porkandband074.jpg

porkandband075.jpg

porkandband078.jpg

Sipapu2009550.jpg

Christmasassortment031.jpg

155.jpg
    Thanks, Man. Yes, sir...it is.
    Absolutely fabulous.... :P

how high is your outdoor ceiling and do the BGE's get it smokey at all???
  • OK, I'll be ordering one now. Dave
    Good eyes! That Egg has a storied past.... Long ago, it belonged to Mollyshark. One dark night in Ft. Worth, a storm rearranged the Eggs on her patio resulting in the Mini crashing to the ground and cracking. She bought a new one and gave this one to my son, Ryan. He moved to Nebraska, and now I have the Mini. It still works great. Note the band clamp....it gives it character. ;)
    Thanks, Man! I think those are 9+ feet. Fans work great, and I've never had it smokey.

Mike
    Thanks for the info and the pics...someday I hope to have an outdoor kitchen very similar... ;)
  • That is one fine looking gourmet meal! Nice pic's
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    Thanks, My Friend.
  • Beautiful looking plate Thanks
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Wow...outstanding! Did you take a photo class or something - pictures are looking great.

Oh, and sorry to ask, but are you really eating all of that by yourself? Geez, the boss can't leave cuz you end up packing it on... :huh:
  • That is an awesome patio
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Beautiful! When I grow up I want to have something like that.

But, when you say "celebs in the last shot" is that kind of like when they say "stars" on Dancing with the Stars? :woohoo: