Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Class

Options
Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did my first BGE cooking class last night - and the first for my local retailer - Madison Fireplace & Patio, who did a great job hosting it. Not too many glitches for the first time. At least the typical southern afternoon thundershowers held off !

I brought 2" ribeyes cut for me by The Fresh Market ($6.49/# for their premium grade beef) :woohoo: I demonstrated the BGE sear/dwell as well as the TRex technique. I also hot-tubbed one steak to show the difference. Used a littel S&P plus DP Cowlick on 1 side and Raising the Steak on the other side. Tommy (the store owner) made dbl. baked potatoes. I made the bacon-wrapped watermelon rinds for an appetizer and surprised everyone with grilled Romaine. We had wine and Tommy had bought brownies/ice cream for dessert.

The hardest thing was cooking for 17 "students" plus 4 store employees and getting everything done properly. All the comments were extremely positive and I think future classes are forthcoming.

Below are a few pics. Tommy's wife took the pics and didn't seem to get any food pics and unfortunately didn't get a plated pic, but next time ...... ;)

Seasoning the steaks for the TRex demo:
DSC_0146.jpg
DSC_0141.jpg
Tommy (store owner) with the potatoes:
DSC_0142.jpg
Some crowd pics:
DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0150.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
Me and my sister, Carol:
DSC_0157.jpg

Comments