Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna for My Valentine!

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok...ok...I admit it, I have the best husband on the planet. B) Bubba Tim surprised me with some beautiful sushi grade tuna to play with today. There will be more to come tomorrow, dumplings from trimmings and such, but a couple seared tuna steaks tonight hit the spot! :)

I separated the loin, and cut a couple nice steaks about an inch and a quarter thick. I marinated them in a combination of soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, Mirin, chili garlic sauce, and a bit of sesame oil for about an hour...... Here they are getting even happier....

DSC02096.jpg

We fired up the medium, and got it easily and quickly to 650*. Grid scorching hot, and Egg WIDE open.... Seared 2 minutes per side.....
DSC02101.jpg

And the flip.... (oh yeah! B) )
DSC02103.jpg

Made a salad of cucumber and orange segments, which also included minced pickled ginger, scallions, chili garlic sauce.....
DSC02095-1.jpg

And fried some sesame rice cakes.... (I have really developed a thing for crunchy rice lately... :whistle: )
DSC02105.jpg

Plated up....and tuna topped with Wasabi cilantro butter....
DSC02110.jpg

Was a very delicious dinner. The tuna was super fresh and sweet, the marinade added just enough flavor, and had enough sugars to get nice carmelization on the sear. Love having fun with food!!! :woohoo: Thanks for looking! More Tuna Trimmings tomorrow! ;) Thanks Bubba Tim! :)

Comments