Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib Ready to go.

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited 9:25PM in EggHead Forum
<p />Thanks again for all the advice. I have my Prime Rib coated with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and cowlick rub. I think I'm going to sear then indirect for the remaining time needed. I saw a post that it takes 20 minutes per pound at 300.[p]

• primerib1.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,

• HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    Car Wash Mike,
    I have two on the BGE cooking now. The BBQ Guru is doing great. I used the recipe from Smoke & Spice; but add Cow Lick Rub both in the marinate and for the rub as well.
    I can't say enough about the Guru. It frees you up to do other things.
    Good luck with yours.

• Hammer,[p]I've got the guru humming along on some spares. have a happy hoiday.
    char buddy ,
    And the same to you my friend!

• Hammer,
    Thanks. Let me how yours turns out. This is my first one and we have 4 guests coming over at 5. I have a lot of confidence in the BGE and this forum or I wouldn't blindly try.[p]CWM

Car Wash Mike,
    I did a couple of Prime Ribs for Thanksgiving. They were great. It's really hard to have a bad cook on the BGE. It is so forgiving. Yes, people don't realize that you just don't buy a BGE, you join a family.
    Your's will turn out great! Let us know.