Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

This is still our favorite

vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
edited 2:12PM in EggHead Forum
pizza that is. It is a Chicken Alfredo Pizza. We learned this recipe from Bobby at the Mothership. We have added pine nuts & is delicious...

Getting ready:

Cooking good:

Look closely and you can see the basil. It was delicious:

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Looks delicious Kim :cheer: Nice work ;)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Thanks Doug...Ginny makes them and I bake them....hey that rhymes... :woohoo:
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dang Kim,I hope that you know how well you have it over there :) Tell the tulip that she done good ;)
  • Tell the Tulip I'm coming over. That reminds me of Ocala last March. Looks delicious!

Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Very nice pies Kim!! Tag team works :)
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    looking good Kim i have been on the pizza kick here as well seems like you just can't go wrong with a pizza super!!
  • Need to change your handle to "pine nut"
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005

Lookin' good! Must be a deep dish pan used? Looks more like a pot pie than pizza. :silly:
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Kim & Ginny,

That looks wonderful!!! I love chicken alfredo... Must be awesome on a pizza... :)

It was a whole Publix dough and cooked on a small AirBake pan on the small weighed close to 3 lbs...delicious
    :lol: :silly:
  • That looks excellent I wanted to eat a piece right off the screen
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,490
    I need to expand my ZA horizons.....looks good. t ACGP, Inc.
    Thanks George & Tom.... ;)
  • Nice looking pizza Kim

• wow ! that looks fantastic!.... i'm harvesting the basil in my garden.... any chance you could tell me what are the ingredients in your pizza??? do you have source for inexpensive pine nuts??? i'm making pesto today.... no stores around here have pine nuts... so i'm going to try using some almonds.... thanks! ray
  • Looks fantastic! Where do we find the recipe? Thanks...
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That is tasty Kim,I will have to try that recipe.

Here is the Classico Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe.....

Classico Alfredo Chicken Pizza

1 16oz jar Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
    Pizza dough
    2 chicken breasts
    1 whole garlic clove
    1 whole sweet onion (if available)
    Mozzarella Cheese
    or 4 Cheese Italian Blend
    ¼ cup Pine Nuts
    Fresh Basil
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Prepare enough dough for 2 pies. Place garlic in aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil. Place onion in aluminum foil with olive oil. Roast both garlic and onion on your BGE indirect at 350 for 1 hour or until done..
    While the onion & garlic are roasting, cook chicken breasts until done (160 internal) and slice very thin.

Take dough and prepare on floured surface. Sprinkle oregano lightly on dough. Spread approximately ½ half jar of Alfredo Sauce on the dough. Place breast of 1 sliced chicken on the sauce. Slice up ½ of the onion and place on dough and do the same with the garlic, squeezing out garlic oil as you put on the dough. Spread pine nuts on pizza. Cover with Mozzarella cheese or cheese blend and place 3-4 basil leaves on the pie. Lightly coat dough edges with olive oil..

Bake on BGE at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes. I bake pizzas with my platesetter feet down. Put the egg feet on the platesetter and the pizza stone on the feet. Place the pizza stone on the BGE about 20 minutes before cooking pies. I use a Echo pizza pie pan from Target. This recipe will make two 15” pies.

Recipe adapted from original recipe from Bobby Cresap (Bobby Q)

we buy our Pine Nuts at Costco in large bags...