Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is still our favorite

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizza that is. It is a Chicken Alfredo Pizza. We learned this recipe from Bobby at the Mothership. We have added pine nuts & basil...it is delicious...

Getting ready:

002-31-1.jpg

Cooking good:

003-29-1.jpg

Ready:

005-30-1.jpg

Look closely and you can see the basil. It was delicious:

006-24-1.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Looks delicious Kim :cheer: Nice work ;)
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Thanks Doug...Ginny makes them and I bake them....hey that rhymes... :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Dang Kim,I hope that you know how well you have it over there :) Tell the tulip that she done good ;)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Tell the Tulip I'm coming over. That reminds me of Ocala last March. Looks delicious!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice pies Kim!! Tag team works :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    looking good Kim i have been on the pizza kick here as well seems like you just can't go wrong with a pizza super!!
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Need to change your handle to "pine nut"
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Kim.

Lookin' good! Must be a deep dish pan used? Looks more like a pot pie than pizza. :silly:
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Kim & Ginny,

That looks wonderful!!! I love chicken alfredo... Must be awesome on a pizza... :)
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Bill,

It was a whole Publix dough and cooked on a small AirBake pan on the small BGE...it weighed close to 3 lbs...delicious
    :lol: :silly:
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    That looks excellent I wanted to eat a piece right off the screen
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I need to expand my ZA horizons.....looks good. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Thanks George & Tom.... ;)
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Nice looking pizza Kim

Ross
  • ranger ray
    Options
    wow ! that looks fantastic!.... i'm harvesting the basil in my garden.... any chance you could tell me what are the ingredients in your pizza??? do you have source for inexpensive pine nuts??? i'm making pesto today.... no stores around here have pine nuts... so i'm going to try using some almonds.... thanks! ray
  • deltadawn
    Options
    Looks fantastic! Where do we find the recipe? Thanks...
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    That is tasty Kim,I will have to try that recipe.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Here is the Classico Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe.....

Classico Alfredo Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

1 16oz jar Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
    Pizza dough
    2 chicken breasts
    1 whole garlic clove
    1 whole sweet onion (if available)
    Mozzarella Cheese
    or 4 Cheese Italian Blend
    ¼ cup Pine Nuts
    Fresh Basil
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Oregano

Directions

Prepare enough dough for 2 pies. Place garlic in aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil. Place onion in aluminum foil with olive oil. Roast both garlic and onion on your BGE indirect at 350 for 1 hour or until done..
    While the onion & garlic are roasting, cook chicken breasts until done (160 internal) and slice very thin.

Take dough and prepare on floured surface. Sprinkle oregano lightly on dough. Spread approximately ½ half jar of Alfredo Sauce on the dough. Place breast of 1 sliced chicken on the sauce. Slice up ½ of the onion and place on dough and do the same with the garlic, squeezing out garlic oil as you put on the dough. Spread pine nuts on pizza. Cover with Mozzarella cheese or cheese blend and place 3-4 basil leaves on the pie. Lightly coat dough edges with olive oil..

Bake on BGE at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes. I bake pizzas with my platesetter feet down. Put the egg feet on the platesetter and the pizza stone on the feet. Place the pizza stone on the BGE about 20 minutes before cooking pies. I use a Echo pizza pie pan from Target. This recipe will make two 15” pies.

Recipe adapted from original recipe from Bobby Cresap (Bobby Q)

we buy our Pine Nuts at Costco in large bags...