Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woosday . . .

Options
2»

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

I agree with you Big'un, Dale has a good grip on the situation. I bet those ducks are awesome on the egg. (you know what I mean)

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options

Great photos Lawn Ranger, beautiful country and good looking food. No way to go wrong there.

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options
    Another good reason to cook on those eggs Kent, it's awful pretty out there.

Gator
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hahahaha, You may have something there Smoky. I remember my college days all to well and had that same intimate relationship with some of my books also. That was a common posture while cramming for exams. :laugh:

Gator
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Peach Burritos. Add a little Vanilla Bean and you're all set!

thickcutpork029.jpg

thickcutpork035.jpg

thickcutpork038.jpg

thickcutpork042.jpg
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Beautiful place. The desert is full of surprises. Do you stay inside all afternoon? Or are you in a cooler place than Moab?
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Great shot of the marsh Dave, marshes are fascinating places. For a place that looks like time has forgotten them there is a whole world of activity going on. I used to love to snorkel one where I used to live and the sun playing down through the grass was an incredible lesson in the color green.

Gator

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Whew, at I first I thought it looked like uncooked egg whites... :blush: but desert looks good.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Lawn Ranger. I saw balancing rocks. Was that here
    Romeandsomefishys001-1.jpg
    Garden of the gods.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Eggatorium
    Options
    Who could forget coach Gene!
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Gator,

Sweet Millions and ARE THEY SWEET ! Really good. And prolific.

Just got home from Physical Therapy on the arms. She said I was doing remarkably well for 4 wks. out, considering how bad my injuries were. Made me feel a lot better, as I was getting frustrated and impatient for them to get back to normal. She did say they will likely remain painful for 3-4 months. Did NOT need to hear that ! :ohmy:

Oh well, that's what they make pain meds for (and adult beverages). Ha !

At least I can now cook on my Eggs --- life is good! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Molly,

We visited there a few years back, when my daughter was getting her PhD at Univ. Colorado (Boulder). Quite an amazing display of nature!
  • Gator Bait
    Options

That is beautiful Molly, is that in your front yard? Is that Pikes Peak in the background? I have to see the Garden of the Gods someday. It is just one of those places that shouldn't be missed.

Gator
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Peach Burritos! Man, those look good. smiley_drool.gif

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options

Sweet Million? I may have to look into those when our weather cools off a little, they would probably be happy in a container.

Glad the wings are healing. No big surprise it's going to take a while to heal. I've broken my share of bones but nothing like that. At least you know that there will be an end to the pain some day. Some of us are in pain every day of the week, year after year. It doesn't hurt any less but pain gets to be an old friend. I would probably miss it if I didn't have it. It is part of who I am. Man, that sounds warped! Hahahaha, laugh at the pain, it reminds us we are alive and are mortal. Two good things.

Gator

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Moab, this time of year - hot, hot, hot. A cooling trend it is going to get down to a balmy 98°.

Over on the other side of the state there is an off road area, Elephant Mountain. In the AM the traffic travels up over and down the back side. In the PM up the back side and down the front side.

White knuckle 4 wheeling. Going up the front side all the passengers wanted out so they could walk up. Down on the bottom of the back side is a place called the Devils Kitchen.

The temperature in the summer is above 100° but drive under the washed out mountain, maybe 100' and the temperature is 65°. That are is where you see pictures of huge water erosion through the mountains. Very narrow, about shoulder width up 300 to 500 feet vertical. Amazing place to visit.

It is about 4-6 hours to get to Moab, when we used to go it was usually in early March. Freezing at night but sure was nice in the days. It also takes about 4-6 hours to get to Arches and Monument Valley from here. I am in the northern part of the state, 20 minutes or so from the Great Salt Lake and about 1.5 hours east of the Bonneville Salt Flats.

GG