Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got my Dizzy Pig "Pineapple Head!"

reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC00331.jpg

I got my Dizzy Pig "Pineapple Head". Thanks so much Dizzy Pig and Chris for getting my order out to me so quickly. I'll be in Ocala next Friday for the first Eggfest of 2009. I'm going to be making some grilled pineapple so everyone can get a taste of this outstanding rub Dizzy Pig has come up with. It is so versatile, you can use it on litterally anything. Obviously it's great on fruit. I've srpinkled it on a grapefruit half and put it under the broiler for a few mins.,...delicious! I know this an unusual one but last night my granddaughter and I were watching a movie and having some popcorn and I sprinkled a little on the popcorn and we both LOVED it! It tasted similar to the Kettle Corn you can buy at the Fair. Chris gave me the idea of trying it with sweet potatoes. I made a basic sweet potato, with a little butter and a sprinkle of "Pineapple Head", and just loved it. A few weeks ago the winner at the Iron Egg Chef contest in Lake Havasu used "Pineapple Head on a burger they made.(who would've thought that one)
I guess there's not a whole lot that it doesn't go with. Dizzy Pig hasn't officially released this product but I'm going to be bringing it to Ocala. If anyone is interested in some please let me know and I'll put some aside for you.
FYI- I'm not working for Dizzy Pig. Chris is a good friend and I'm just trying to get the word out about this great new product.

Comments