Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs and Peach Cobbler

run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first attempt at Baby Back Ribs. Used a conglomeration of others recipes.

Fresh baby backs with the membrane removed

IMG_1929.jpg

Rubbed

IMG_1931.jpg

On the egg at 225

IMG_1932.jpg

After 2 hours

IMG_1947.jpg

Coated with a mixture of honey, molasses, chili sauce, hot sauce, red wine vinegar, apple juice, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cooked over low heat until it reduced about half. No recipe – I just put stuff in ‘til it tasted good!! Wrapped the ribs in foil and put back on the egg at 325 (gotta love the Digi Q for temp control.)

IMG_1945.jpg

After another 2 hours at 325 – yum!

IMG_1955.jpg

Now for dessert

Found a peach cobbler recipe here:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/archives//2004/messages/143719.htm

My second time to cook this on the egg – the first time I didn’t chronicle it, but it was SOOO good that I figured I’d capture it this time.

Fresh Peaches

IMG_1937.jpg

Sliced

IMG_1940.jpg

Add sugar and lemon juice (to prevent browning)

IMG_1941.jpg

Peaches on top of butter and batter

IMG_1953.jpg

Sugar and cinnamon

IMG_1952.jpg

On the egg at 350

IMG_1958.jpg

45 minutes later! Wow!!

IMG_1960.jpg

Didn’t last long……

IMG_1965.jpg

Now we’re all sitting around stuffed – and happy! :)

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Looks incredible!! Unbelievable for a first time with ribs. Do you have any leftovers?:)
  • run4jc
    Cooked 3 slabs - 5 people - all ate half a slab with one half slab left over. We are all stuffed - peach cobbler put us 'over the edge.'
    :laugh:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    man that looks great!!!!

i couldn't see it earlier but it looks like you fixed that problem... thanks it was worth your extra effort ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Great Job! Looks good. One suggestion, for accurate pit temps don't clip the probe to the grate. Only the use the probe tree or clip it to the meat probe. When you clip it to the grate the grate will be hotter than the air around it. :)
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • run4jc
    Good tip - it musta worked out, though. I calibrated my egg thermo and the digi q last night and the pit was reading about 15-20 degrees below the dome -
    Still, you are correct and thanks for the tip! One other cook the pit was reading WAY too high and I bet it was the very reason you mention.

Great forum - great tips. Thanks