Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

I cookede some'en: Spatchcock,ATB, quasideas

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First things first. My cable internet has been a peace of $#^* for 6 months, on one minenet locked up the next. Got a "real' cable guy out yesterday who descovered all the relay boxes from hear to the main blacktop were rusted up and needed replacing. For my trouble they gave us something like 40 extra channles on TV. Have only had networks + HBO IN PAST not big TV people. Ok now I have 10 channles of Tanzanea top 40 vidio's and 12 of championship badmitton. I'm thrilled! :laugh: HOWEVER I now have THE FOOD NETWORK for the 1st time. Flipping threw the channles I saw a vision. Stikes woman. You know the Itialian gal. She started talking about "hot soup with permishion cheese ryne to add a smoothness to all the intensity" all the while licking her lips. I felt so dirty! :blush: Running out to check the Egg I nearly triped on the return to catch "the beach scene" at the end! :whistle: Wife says its all kind of "preverted" but understands the fuss. Got to love 18 years of marrage!!lol
Anyway I did manage to cook some'en and since it seams that more than 4 or 5 pics lock some folks computers up with a "red x" will post in a series as still cooking.

Since a lot of newbes on board I showed how to spatchcock a chicken. Ginger,cummin,salt,pepper,pepricia,chillie pepper rub with fresh garlic cloves and lime juice under skin. Half the rub went under skin and half on the skin after coating with EVOO as we all know rub on the skin is just for looks. Right??! Indirect at 300 with presimmon wood till breast temp of 165 at the coldest part.
1stsjune023-2.jpg

1stsjune024-1.jpg

1stsjune025-2.jpg

1stsjune027.jpg

1stsjune037-1.jpg

Comments