Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cookede some'en: Spatchcock,ATB, quasideas

JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First things first. My cable internet has been a peace of $#^* for 6 months, on one minenet locked up the next. Got a "real' cable guy out yesterday who descovered all the relay boxes from hear to the main blacktop were rusted up and needed replacing. For my trouble they gave us something like 40 extra channles on TV. Have only had networks + HBO IN PAST not big TV people. Ok now I have 10 channles of Tanzanea top 40 vidio's and 12 of championship badmitton. I'm thrilled! :laugh: HOWEVER I now have THE FOOD NETWORK for the 1st time. Flipping threw the channles I saw a vision. Stikes woman. You know the Itialian gal. She started talking about "hot soup with permishion cheese ryne to add a smoothness to all the intensity" all the while licking her lips. I felt so dirty! :blush: Running out to check the Egg I nearly triped on the return to catch "the beach scene" at the end! :whistle: Wife says its all kind of "preverted" but understands the fuss. Got to love 18 years of marrage!!lol
Anyway I did manage to cook some'en and since it seams that more than 4 or 5 pics lock some folks computers up with a "red x" will post in a series as still cooking.

Since a lot of newbes on board I showed how to spatchcock a chicken. Ginger,cummin,salt,pepper,pepricia,chillie pepper rub with fresh garlic cloves and lime juice under skin. Half the rub went under skin and half on the skin after coating with EVOO as we all know rub on the skin is just for looks. Right??! Indirect at 300 with presimmon wood till breast temp of 165 at the coldest part.
1stsjune023-2.jpg

1stsjune024-1.jpg

1stsjune025-2.jpg

1stsjune027.jpg

1stsjune037-1.jpg

Comments

• Good looking yard bird JL! Wish mine had that good looking color. Think I use to much wood smoke. Taste good just don't have the golden brown like yours.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Since my jelepeno plants died and Wally World is afraid of law suits for belly rot had to get Anahime peppers and juice them up with my own Carribian Reds. Munster cheese, sausage and cut up "Reds"

1stsjune028-2.jpg

1stsjune029-2.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    OK Love AZRP shrimp. Yard bird is great with garlic, limmon and pepper. Why not AZRP chicken breast in quasidias??? I have added "neat" way to add "heat" all the way threw a dish without "hot spots". Put my garlic in the press and added fresh Chribbian Red pepper on top to combine the flavor. Pepper heads know a little "Red" goes a looooong way for normal folks!! :laugh: 300 pit till breast temp of 165. Cooking the quasedias comming up.

1stsjune031-2.jpg

1stsjune032-1.jpg

1stsjune033.jpg

1stsjune035.jpg
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    nice looking stuff but for the life of me i cannot understand why you don't weigh 300lbs... did you get your 'chores' done?
    d going to egg some'en again soon?
    better get to dinner thunderstorms on the way.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Awesome looking cook J-LO!..but HOLY CRAP!... quasideas isn't even CLOSE!!... :P ..would you use a dictionary if I sent you one?? :woohoo: :woohoo: ..I mean..you give 'phonics' a whole new meaning!! :silly:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    looks good to me. B)

GG
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    OK....Quasidia's still isn't close...it's Quesadillas :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Thanks for the pics. Now I have a better visual on how to cut it!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Damn JL,you musta been real hungry.Looks awesome :woohoo:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Nice cook, buddy! That's funny about the boss giving you an earful about the chef on TV...hehe!

Are those the red peppers you were talking about the other day?
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Hey JL...there´s something femenine & human in presenting the chick Spatchcock.... dont´you think?? a bit crooked but femenine :laugh: ...and it tastes so good!!!!!!!!!
  • JLOCKHART29
    The Egg is cleaned, food is eated and beer is drank. Time to shower and hit the hay as only 4 hrs sleep since 11:00 yesterday and got 160 mile round trip to ride to the old farm tomorrow to mow the grass at the farm house.

Everything was good but the yard bird came off sooner than expected. Normally cook it at 275 but bumped it to 300 and cut 1 1/2 hr off cook time.
    1stsjune036.jpg

Just a pic of the grill kifter my ridding partner who is a gas refinery weilder bade for me. It balances perfect so if I need to add smoke wood during cook you see all I have to do.
    1stsjune034.jpg

One quasedia left from the whole meal. No one left hungry AND IN THE END THAT IS SATISFACTION FOR THE COOK!! ;)
    1stsjune038.jpg

1stsjune041.jpg

1stsjune042.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    I thought you were in the States?!!? Haven't spatchcock a bird in a while. Got to be the easest, best cook you can do.
  • JLOCKHART29
    When I was in college people used to say to use a dictionary to look up words.(before computers and spell check) I told them what good was a dictionary if I was looking "cat" under the "k"'s!!! :lol: To old to care and not enough gumption to give a hoot!! :P
  • Beli
    Got back yesterday going on to Oaxaca on friday..will send some pics later....
  • JLOCKHART29
    As you can see I sort of said to heck with the chores today. Will pay for it tomorrow!! ;)
  • Beli
    That looks really good.. how many did you feed?
  • JLOCKHART29
    Yep. There called Carriabian Reds. Relaited to Haberneria's. Got four bushes of them about to turn from green to red at once. The differance in Habernerias and the Reds is about the same as saying sticking your hand in a wood fire hurts worse than sticking your hand in a grease fire!! :whistle:
  • JLOCKHART29
    There was four of us. Me and wife and riding partner and his wife. They are more like family than friends. Neather of us can have kids so when we were in our 30's we ran togeather while every one else was raising kids. They are the kind of friends if I broke down 1000 miles from home all I have to do is call and he'd call in sick to come get me with a trailer if we couldn't get it fix. His wife I call "sis". People think we are as we fight and bicker just like siblings but I love her to death! :laugh:
  • Beli
    Great having friends like that......makes all the difference.......a big Hello to you all from México!!!!! And get your rest now :pinch:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    That's an awesome spread you did, being sleepy and all :) Have a safe trip out there to the farm.