Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Plans today.

Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to fire up the mini and do an italian sausage fatty this morning......which I am going to use on pizza on my med for lunch and then this evening going to try "The Chicken".
What's everyone else doing today?

Comments

• First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I missed posting on the earlier tread about your victory. :)
    Well I thought I'd try out some new recipes for Adobo Chicken & BBQ Baked Beans, but all the posting about AZRP's chicken has been pushing the taste buds to red line status. I may have to reevaluate my plans for the day.
  • Angie2B
    OOPS sorry everyone.....husband just called from doing some work at church...said "How about if I take my favorite girl out to breakfast?"... after I made certain it was me he was talking about :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: .....should have seen how fast I threw my lump back in the mini barn......sorry, everyone.....(Grabs coat and heads out door) Gotta go out with my favorite guy....probably will still do "The Chicken" .....See Ya! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    Angie2B,

Congrats on your medical situation. I am very happy to hear that.

To answer your question:

It's my Birthday and I am cooking a brisket! It's my first so no telling how it will turn out!

I got some good advice earlier in the week.

Dion
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Happy B'day Pirate!...well..I've gota couple of butts on that I may have screwed up for the first time...(see other post)..then planning on a pot of baked beans later and depending on the status of these butts..I may be doing some burgers and italian sausage links if the dang pork turns out inedible...grrr...tomorrow gonna do doc chickens double smoked ham..yummmm..
  • Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    Yea,

I read that post. Sorry to hear that. I think you may be alright. I've never had that happen.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    In the shop all day, but I'll be doing a brisket right outside. Looking forward to it. Glad you're doing good.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Happy Birthday to ya!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Deep dish pizza for me, after I spend the next several hours spreading 8 cu yds of mulch in the yard.
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    "The Chicken" recipe certainly sounds good, but the "kids" (35 and 38) are coming so I think its a couple of spatchcoked birds.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Baby back ribs, new recipe- eggsperament. Looking forward to the fun.
    Adventure!
    Danger!
    Romance!
    :lol:
  • Angie2B
    Thanks for everyone's well-wishes and Happy B-Day EggPirate!
  • Dan in StL
    Dan in StL Posts: 254
    Angie,

We haven't chatted before, but I also wanted to chime in with my congratulations on getting over a major medical hurdle. I'm a new Egger and still in the 'honeymoon' phase with my Egg and loving it!

Today I going do a burn 'n turn on 4 very fine ribeyes and tomorrow will be my first crack at baby back ribs on the Egg. I've been doing them on the Weber charcoal for several years and getting reasonably good at it. Can't wait to give it a go on the Egg.

Enjoy the pizza and The Chicken!

Dan from St. Louis
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Happy Birthday!!! -RP
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I'm doing BBs today too, what's your experiment? -RP
  • Angie2B
    I'm still in my "honeymoon" stage too and I've had my eggs for years!! Hey, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new egg! :)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Bourbon baby backs. Thinking of steaming in the foil stage with bourbon and then using a bourbon glaze to finish direct grilling. Eggtucky advised adding maple syrup in the foil stage and using an aluminum pan to hold the juices. He also said Old Crow is fine for cooking and I got some. I'll document the cook, take some pic's also.
    Wish me luck. Going to fire up the egg right now, oh boy.