Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fish Filets on the Egg

Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
edited 3:46PM in EggHead Forum
Last night KayNOcook had to work late and I was on my own for dinner!!!
Took some filets of Atlantic Croker, Sheepshead, and Sea Trout, sprayed with olive oil, dusted with DP Raging River on each side, got the egg up to 325, put the Lodge round cast iron grddle on the grate.
Browned each side of the filets and ohoooooooooo they were soooo good. Had a salad with vidalia sweet onion Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing that we got at the Lane Packing Company in Georga. (Exit #142 on I 75 a great place open daily all year and worth your time and they have a web site)
Tonight I did it all again and KayNOcook told me it was one of the best ever fish cooks that I have done and I've been cooking fish for her some 18 years now.
I don't post much but just had to share this with everyone.
Sorry no pictures and my smell-a-view is also not working.
Wishing many great cooks on Eggs world wide.
Jupiter Jim ;)
I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
·

Comments

• Exit #142. Is that north or south of Atlanta? How far?
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    It is south of Atlanta, and west of I75 5 miles and worth the trip only 5 or 6 minutest.
    They have a great soup and salad bar and a nice restaurant. A great peach cobbler with peach ice cream, fresh peaches and veggies in the summer, pecans in the fall and winter, a small gift shop, bakery yummy, peach salsa and more and more and Grandma Kauffman's pineapple salsa that is to die for :laugh: . We got 6 last trip and only have 4 left :( .
    KayNOcook says it is a great place and be sure to get at least 6 jars of Wickles pickles before you leave a sweet hot bread and butter pickle. :)
    Hope this helps Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • Sounds great, I love pan-fried fish. I'll be trying that out real soon.
    ·