Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT, Pizza, & Chicken on the menu today

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, after reading about all the pizzas last week, I decided to go ahead and break in the pizza stone. Also discovered that we had a really nice KitchenAid Professional 5 mixer just collecting dust in the kitchen--my wife was the only one using it. Made some dough for the pizzas tonight from a boxed-mix. Waaaaay too salty for my taste. I think that I'll just make some from scratch next time. The kids helped out with the preparation on the pizzas and had a blast!

So, that was one of the things which I hadn't cooked on the BGE yet. ABTs were the other thing. After cooking some taco meat for nachos yesterday, I had some left over and decided to go ahead and do some ABTs, since we also had some cream cheese left over from some bagels. I used some thin bacon per everyone's recommendations and they came out just great. Just did four of them in case I screwed it up. The only thing I would change would be to leave more of the ribs on the pepper, because there was no heat or bite to the ones I did--just the jalapeno flavor.

Did some chicken thighs yesterday, but didn't post the pics because I hadn't uploaded them to photobucket yet. Tonight's chicken was just plain old seasoned chicken breast tenders. I grabbed the wrong thing at the grocery today, and I should have grabbed the filets instead, since I was planning on doing some stuffed chicken breasts. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Good news is that I've got lots of chicken breast tenders for some salads or snacks!

Here are the pics of this weekend's cooks:

Chicken thighs:
IMG_9294.jpg

ABTs:
IMG_9296.jpg
IMG_9300.jpg

Pizza:
IMG_9305.jpg
IMG_9306.jpg

Chicken tenders:
IMG_9308.jpg

It was really great to have both eggs going to do the meal tonight, too! The beer made it even better. Have a great evening, folks! Thank you again for the continued inspiration.

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Everything looks fantastic Mike, but I've been craving ABTs lately and this just pushed me over the edge. Now go digest all of this.
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    That is one eggeselent looking pizza. Good job on the whole cook. Got me thinking maybe chicken stuffed ABTs.
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    That's some great looking food! Nice job on everything.

-Jill
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Thanks! I've been wanting to cook some ABTs for a long time, and they actually turned out pretty tasty. Next time, I'll be looking for a bit more punch and heat from the ABTs. I put the Foodsaver to work tonight with all the leftover food that will be good throughout the week.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Thanks, Mike. I've got some poblano chiles which I'll be cooking up tomorrow with some of the leftover chicken breast from tonight. I don't know that I could get enough chicken in the jalapenos, even the larger ones. I will be doing some more next time, though. This was only my first attempt to do those, and I purposely cooked a small amount, just in case that they did not turn out to be good. They were even cooked on the SBGE, because I was busy making the pizza dough for what was going to be cooked up on the LBGE. I can't wait to have the XL, where I can do the multi-zone fire and direct/indirect on the same grid.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Thanks, Jill. The kids really enjoyed helping out with the pizzas we did, and there'll be plenty of the food to go around for the rest of the week.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    My #2 Son's 13th birthday is this week and he wants me to cook ABTs for his party. Don't gotta ask me twice :woohoo: