Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why I Voted Yes in the Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Yes, but it makes it impossible for someone to impersonate DynaGreaseball with trouble makeing posts. In the old forum, one could use any name and any e-mail address they wanted to. I don't see where registering would deter a trouble maker from making trouble. Trolls are trolls. But I do see where it might be a bit too much trouble for a non-troll to register just to ask the fourm a simple question.

I'll keep lurking here, whichever way it goes.
  • I am a new egger and guest who plans to register soon. I appreciate the efforts of those who run this forum and think it is great. Quick question - can I make an adjustment so I can read the recipes (the font is tiny) or is that still a kink yet to be worked out? Thanks.
  • Longknocker
    Options
    I voted yes also. You won't keep trolls out by making them register.
    I frequent 1 other forum and they have an "ignore" feature where you can determine if you want to see a certain individuals postings.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    I, for one, found this [the old] forum and registered right away in order to post.

You can tell a lot about a forum by lurking just a bit.
    Why would anyone interested in Egging not register in order to post?

Tangential comments --

Allow registered posters to advertise their wares via a LINKS button.
    ZAP all potty-mouths, etc.
    ZAP people who troll just to get a rise out of others.

Allow reading before posting.
    Allow posting after registering w/e-mail addy.

~ Broc
  • Never Summer
    Options
    I agree, Fidel. I'm a member of another forum that has one main moderator, but whenever he needs time off there are around six substitute monitors and it works very well.

I'm new to this forum - I read and enjoyed the posts for a while, but didn't think twice about registering before posting.

If registering is only required before posting, it shouldn't be a big deal. One doesn't have to read the board for long to realize what a friendly and inviting group you are.

Two cents from a newbie,

Patty
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I agree with you guys, I was treated very well as a guest. This was the main reason I purchased my egg. I haven't been real faithful, took a couple of years off the forum, only using it when I had a question but I have found it again and it is great entertainment. Keeps me from saying "I found it on E-bay" quite as often. Now I just keep buying all the latest gadgets for the cooker.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I agree. I was registered at another bbq forum and there was alot of talk about smoking meats and such. I became very interested and allured. Then one day someone mentioned the bge. Boy those folks did'nt like that kind of talk. I needed more info. So I became a lurker here for about 6 months. This forum is the reason I purchased a bge. The flowing information of the operations of the bge and the surronding issues; recipies, side dishes, sauces, rubs and just the passion of us foodies. It is great!! That too is why I voted yes.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ...For and Against.

Whatever is decided I'm sure will be in the best interest of this board and for the folks who run it.

Cheers!

john