Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Bucky Buckshot
Bucky Buckshot Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a good recipe for doing a pork tenderloin on the egg? I got a couple at Costco yesterday and will fix them for guests. Thanks Bucky

Comments

• Bucky Buckshot,
    I like this one. Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Sour Cream Mustard Sauce. I got this one from View New Recipe, Will do again we like it alot. Something different thats what I like about it also.
    Ingredients:
    • ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
    • ¼ Cup Bourbon
    • 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
    • 2 Pork Tenderloins
    • 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
    • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
    • 1 ½ tsp Dry Mustard
    • 2-3 Green Onions, chopped [p]
    Preparation Directions:
    • Combine soy sauce, bourbon, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Place marinade in a zip-top bag and add pork tenderloins. Refigerate for several hours or overnight.
    • Combine sour cream, mayonaise, dry mustard, and green onions and chill for several hours, or overnight. [p]Cooking Directions:
    • Place pork tenderloins over a pan in the BGE and smoke for 45 minutes at 375* F, basting several times with the reserved marinade. [p]Special Instructions:
    • Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
    • Serve sauce on the side.
    • Serve it sliced on a platter with the sauce in a pretty bowl in the middle. The tenderloin is great served hot or cold. It also is good sliced and placed on rolls topped with the sauce. [p]
    Dolphine1.jpg
    Pork Butt Mike

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Bucky Buckshot,
    I found this one to be very good and quite simple.

[ul][li]http://dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPorkLoin.html[/ul]
  • Pork Butt Mike,
    Thanks Mike, this recipe sounds like a good one, I will try it. Bucky

• Bucky Buckshot,
    Here is one I got off of here a few days ago, Haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    here is a good simple one. ..buy a box of stouffers stove top wild rice
    stuffing. . ..mix it with warm water (just till it softens up a
    little. ..peel and chop an apple. ..[p]butterfly the the pork loin. . .dust it with a little dizzy pig raging
    river rub (or other rub of your choice). .. lay the stuffing into the
    loin, roll it up, wrap it in bacon or pancetta, tie it up. ...[p]roast it in your egg inderect at 325 degrees until its done. ...ce to try it yet, but it sounds good.[p]

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Bucky Buckshot,
    I shake a fairly heavy coating of DP's Red Eye Express on them and put them in a ziplock in the fridge for several hours. Cook them direct 350-400 giving a quarter turn every five minutes, pull at 140-145 internal and rest ten minutes under foil. -RP

• Dr . Walrod,
    That sounds good, but anything wraped in bacon has to be good. LOL...[p]Dolphine1.jpg
    Pork Butt Mike

• Dr . Walrod,
    That sounds like an excellent recipe. I printed it off to add to my recipe book and will try it on my nest one. Bucky