Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket cook

tjvtjv Posts: 3,630
edited 7:12AM in EggHead Forum
rubflat080307.jpg
<p />All the brisket talk lately sent me shopping. This is a 6.4 pound choice grade flat from Sam's all trimmed and rubbed up. [p]brisketflat070307temp.jpg[p]This was a fast cook, 230ish degrees grid with guru on woo2. I used a square pan to give the flat total indirect coverage. Even used one of the stainless grids! When I pulled it off, I thought....man not sure about this one: strange bark pattern, fast cook.....[p]080307brisketflat.jpg[p]It sat in the cooler wrapped in foil for two hours.[p]slicedbrisket.jpg[p]Sliced against the grain. I just stood there eating it, no sauce, buns or sides. In fact cleansing my soul, I ate all the sliced pieces in the picture, right off the cutting board. They never touched a plate. Ok so I don't get struck down by lightning today, I sliced more and ate them too.
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    tjv, you're sandbagging again. How much did you REALLY eat? LOL

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    tjv,
    Dang, good looking brisket. Just can't beat those flats at Sams. I do agree with Wise One though. Some habits are hard to break. LOL[p]Mike

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,630
    Wise One, you don't get to weigh 250 pounds and on cholesterol medicine without consuming your fair share (plus) of protein.....and beer!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    tjv,
    I've not had the best of luck with flats. Those from SAMs are choice right? Shame SAMs doesn't carry the packer briskets.[p]H

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,630
    dhuffjr, my Sam's carries choice grade flats and select grade packers. Costco only carries choice grade packers. T

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    BrisketLabel.jpg
    <p />tjv,[p]My Sams goes choice all the way around. And they let me dig through the cases.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    tjv,[p]My Costco carries flats and packers (a lot more small flats than anything, but I got a nice 11.6# packer there yesterday). But the only butts they carry are boneless....go figure.
  • dhuffjr,
    Most Sam's around us do. Only place in town that does.

• SkyRiderSkyRider Posts: 41
    tjv,
    Tom, m'boy....that is one fine brisket...don't think we can get 'em like that @ Sam's in Houston Town...From what I gather, you don't share well...great pics!.........H.

• JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    tjv,[p]
    Looks great! My guru arrived yesterday. I was disappointed with the selection at HEB. I haven't checked out Randalls (aka Tom Thumb?). I guess I'll have to break down and join Costco or Sams...[p]Oh, what did you use for a rub?[p]-Jeeves (in Austin)