Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's WoosDay Time Again

thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dsc02381aL.jpg
<p />Happy WoosDay,[p]I just realized I've been cookin' a lot of pork lately! Did some of Richards Char Sui Pork, a wet rubbed loin, some hocks, an ABT and some fatties. Where's the BEEF?? Oh, it's in the last picture.[p]~thirdeye~[p]DSC02418a.jpg[p]DSC02426a.jpg[p]DSC02399a.jpg[p]DSC02332a.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    thirdeye,
    I love the ABT. I've done a few with Anaheims before too.

• ArtieQ
    ArtieQ Posts: 65
    thirdeye,
    Some fajitas
    101_1099.jpg[p]A tri-tip sliced and ready to go
    101_1120.jpg

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    100_1420.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    country rib roast split into ribs and loin ( i seen a list of cuts the other day, looks like this cut comes from the shoulder end of the loin, not the back end, more fat and notice the distinct color difference from tob to bottom on the loin). smoked ham with cheesy potatoes was the side. last night was the ham on pizza, the dough was lousy and wont be buying that brand again. tried expanded metal for the lump grate over the last 6 or so months, it fell apart during the pizza cook, the center melted right out of it.[p]100_1422.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    thirdeye,
    First attempt at crabcakes, so I also made shrimp and scallop skewers and shrimp as backup. It's all layerd here for serving...[p]Crabcakesshrimpscallops5-20-07.jpg[p]Spring "Rode Soft And Put Away Dry" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    P5180020.jpg?t=1179839936
    <p />thirdeye,[p]The inlaws (outlaws if you ask me) were in over the weekend, Although they think I'm crazy for spending the $ I have spent on my eggs, I may have won some pionts with this rolled flank steak.[p]It is stuffed with fresh basil and mint, rosted red peppers and blue cheese. I served it over a bed of wild rice (sorry no pictures as they already think I am weird for taking this picture).[p]Smokey

• Smokey
    Spring Chicken,[p]Been while since I have done shrimp, tht that bottom skewer (with the great color is) almost making me druel on the keyboard!![p]BTW, how did the crabcakes turn out??[p]Smokey
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    thirdeye,
    Today the weather sucks in Southeast Texas, but this past weekend was outstanding.[p]Got a butt on the egg and as you can see, the temp is stuck at about 220. Oh, and for those of you studying the photo; yes that is a guru next to the egg.[p]DSC_0176.jpg[p]DSC_0066.jpg[p]DSC_0005-2.jpg

• dhuffjr
    Shrimp.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,

• thirdeye
    Smokey,[p]Yeah, I'm crazy about good food too. LOL Wild rice is on the favorites list.[p]DSC01522a.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Smokey,
    Tasted good but I cooked them too hot and not enough oil. Also I didn't remove the old hickory chunks from the earlier brisket and that flavor didn't help. But that's what they make "next times" for.[p]Spring "Learning, Re-learning, Un-learning and Forgetting All The Time" Chicken

• Smokey
    dhuffjr,[p]That looks great. I know what I'm making next! [p]I have a wok (never have used it) and skewers. Do you recommend one technique over the other?[p]smokey.gif
  • eggaholic
    eggaholic Posts: 309
    BoneinRibeye23.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Here's a bone in ribeye haven't been taking too many food pic's lately.

• dhuffjr
    Smokey,
    I did those using RTD shrimp method. Oil, garlic, salt, and cilantro as a marinade. I cooked them direct on one of those disposable grids you can find at Walmart for a dollar. Just put them on the grid and mixed em around a bit with some tongs.

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr,
    Here is a pic of them on the grill and the grid I'm talking about
    shrimpontheegg.jpg

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    BGEminiTri-Tip009.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    The hocks look great, I should do some for myself because Diana won't eat them, he he.[p]I've been cooking breads and BBQ, the regular stuff but a few days ago tri-tip was on sale so I got a small one to marinate in Veri Veri Teriyaki by Soy Vay. Here's the beef.
    Clay

• thirdeye
    DSC02326a.jpg
    <p />dhuffjr,[p]I use a similar marinade and the same kind of screen. They call them disposable, but I get plenty of uses out of them.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    ClayQ,[p]2a1e6a88.gif[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    BurntRaw,[p] Does she know that you think she is that smart?[p]
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    thirdeye,
    how do you include that little wow guy in your posts. that is, well, wow!

• dhuffjr
    markkal123,
    Because he is a net guru :>)[p]allhail4kk.gif

• thirdeye
    markkal123,[p]Just copy any .gif that you like (a smiley or something bigger)and upload it to photobucket. Then it works just like a foodie picture.[p]ec3163e5.gif

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    dhuffjr,[p]Good one, just saved it to my file.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Fatties-1.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Wow, those Hocks look great![p]Here's a couple of fatties we did last week. One of them kind of exploded a little, no one was injured thank god. :-)

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    thirdeye,
    thanks

• thirdeye,
    some pics from chesapeake jubilee this past weekend. .. what a great event!! .. [p]sydney trimming briskets .. .[p]IMG_0680.jpg[p]friday night, the "TEMPTATIONS". .."papa was a rolling stone. .. "[p]IMG_0703-1.jpg[p]sydney working on the butts ... [p]IMG_0709-1.jpg[p]and working on the ribs (gee, i'm feeling a little like chubby, someone else doing all the cooking while i'm working the camera and being a nuisance. . .)[p]IMG_0713.jpg[p]oh, here i am, slicing brisket with my grandpa's 80 year old knife. ..[p]IMG_0735.jpg[p]and a couple of pretty happy cooks with our rewards for our 2nd place ribs. .[p]IMG_0744.jpg

• Ottawa_egger
    Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
    thirdeye,[p]Looks good. Any reason you do them in the shell rather than peel first?[p]Ottawa_egger
  • dhuffjr
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Very cool. The manchild cleaned the grid with the billy bar today for a little lunch steak action.
    workingthegridwiththebillybar.jpg
    One of these day's I'd love to do a competition with the kids helping out.[p]H

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    did you do anything besides saunter up to collect the trophy?!?!?![p]me. i so funny!
    congrats to you both

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    landscape007.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    For the first time in a long time, I got to fire up the Egg last night. I've been a tad busy trying to get orders out and getting a landscape in. [p]On this past Friday night, all there was in my back yard was some newly installed metal edging and some old plantings that hung on throughout the construction of our new home. The site was one of a previous home that burned three years or so ago, and was built upon only last summer. There was no grass to speak of and nothing but dirt for three dogs to play in.

By Saturday afternoon, this was essentially the result. I had three of my employees help me with the installation. Needless to say, the dogs and Mrs. Ranger are pleased to see some green other than just the Egg back there. [p]BTW, I cooked Prime Ribeyes, but didn't get a good pic.[p]Happy Woosday![p]Mike [p]landscape009.jpg[p]landscape010.jpg[p]landscape014.jpg[p]landscape015.jpg[p]landscape016.jpg

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Lawn Ranger,
    Beautiful job! A pain in the butt, so to speak, but starting with a blank canvas does have its advantages.