Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Light meal recipes?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The fiancé is trying to shed a few for the big day in 19 days. So no pork butts, briskets or ribs for this poor guy at least not for the next 3 weeks. Does anyone have any tasty lighter meal ideas for the Egg. I'm already thinking fish, chicken breasts etc. but was wondering if any of you had any suggestions. Thanks!

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    atx,
    this was as simple as could be.
    you can see from the responses it got that everyone was so taken by it, they ran off to cook it![p]

[ul][li]veggie cook (no pics, alas)[/ul]
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    de04e5a4.jpg
    <p />atx,
    i think this was grilled fennel, not bad, the other is zuchinni squash casserole. i could eat the casserole all by itself and its simple. layer zuchinni, yellow sqaush, stewed tomatoes, cheese and bake at 350 til done, about an hour. having gained about 30/40 pounds this year, its going to be more of this stuff on the egg, seems i added the weight the fastest when i started adding seafood into the mix this past winter.[p]100_0808.jpg[p]e357746f.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Unknown
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Looks great. I'll have to try that casserole, thanks.

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    stike,
    Man, I hate to see any post go unrecognized and I notice that you still got nothing on your Asparagus / Portabello post.[p]That is a shame and therefore let me say that I, for one, read your post!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    hahahaha
    thanks for the kind words! it's not as if i invented anything new. ...more like, maybe it can add variety.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Unknown
    Options
    stike,
    Apologies man. I read it also, just not big on the fungus. I will however try the asparagus. Thanks.

• The Virginian
    The Virginian Posts: 275
    Options
    atx,
    Pork Tenderloin is good (with the dizzy-rub of your choice); salmon steak; boneless/skinless chicken breast marinated in vinagrette or any of a 1000 ways; grilled Portobello mushrooms. [p]Brett

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Turkey sausage with grilled vegetables (I use peppers and onions). Very good, lowfat food.
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    atx,
    Right after we got the egg a few years ago, my wife had to go to a low fat diet. Lots of chicken breasts but the one thing that stuck was corn. We'd peel the husk off of ears of corn, rub em with a mix of honey, chili powder, salt and pepper, roll the husk back up and roast em for about 20-25 minutes at 375. The husks would blacken and the corn would be sweet and spicy. We still do this every other week.[p]Paul