Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster tails on Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight, I am rehearsing my mother's day meal for next weekend. The menu includes filets and lobster tails. I have not seen a post on cooking lobster tails, and could use some advice.[p]I was thinking that logically, after I sear the filets with the vents open and then shut the dampers for the remainder of the cook, that I could simply add the tails after pulling the filets, and cook 7 minutes or so with the dampers shut. What do you think of this?

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smoov-E-Luvman, I am too late with this one, and there is a super good recipe for lobster tail, donated by Houndog in Texas. If you still want it, I will dig deeper to try and find it. Being a land bound BGE fan..ear corn is as close as I can come to fresh lobster. :-) Hope your meal was scrumptious in any regard..
    Cheers.
    C~W