Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Trying to figure out why this keeps showing up on my FB feed...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    DMW said:
    Reverse searing some ribeyes

Opened some wine

Looking great!  Someone is going to be full and happy after that meal! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    ^^^agreed. Y'all really need to relocate to SC. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    Celebrating... Just returned from the Cincy airport (located in northern KY) after landing the family's true millennial (26 yrs old) on a plane with the end result Barcelona.  Going back (was there Fall 2015 thru Summer 2016) to acquire more professional education??  He may end up with enough letters after his name to close with BFD ;) .  Onward and upward...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @lousubcap I raise this glass of BH brown water to you and yours. Cheers!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:
    SWMBO Jr bday dinner and desert:

Real nice. Lamb chops? 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @pgprescott - yep, a frenched rack from costco.  Here is the cheesecake sliced, with a blueberry compote:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    SWMBO Jr :rofl:
    She's pushier than her mom. 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    So my little girl is not getting better. 

I took her to the doctor Friday.  They did strep and urine test.  Sent both to lab.  They said lab would call if they found anything. 

She is miserable all weekend.  I stayed home to be with her during a wedding Saturday and then we canceled her birthday party Sunday.  . . She turned 4.

I call doctor today to see if we can get in and if they have the results for the tests.  They schedule her for the morning to do another urine test because the lab shows they never received urine test.  

My wife doesn't want to wait any longer.  She takes her to urgent care.  Within an hour they say something is wrong with urine test and send her to ER. 

This doctor racket is a bunch of BS.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Acn said:
    SWMBO Jr :rofl:
    She's pushier than her mom. 
    Good Luck! 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I took her to the doctor Friday.  They did strep and urine test.  Sent both to lab.  They said lab would call if they found anything. 

She is miserable all weekend.  I stayed home to be with her during a wedding Saturday and then we canceled her birthday party Sunday.  . . She turned 4.

I call doctor today to see if we can get in and if they have the results for the tests.  They schedule her for the morning to do another urine test because the lab shows they never received urine test.  

My wife doesn't want to wait any longer.  She takes her to urgent care.  Within an hour they say something is wrong with urine test and send her to ER. 

Damn, Clayton; best wishes for your little girl!   :o:angry:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    @DMW - nailed that cross-section right there..  Great cook and result.  SBGE for the win.  Your recent grocery cooks are definitely running in orbit well above my life-style.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Damn @kl8ton , hope they get it figured out quickly.  Sending good vibes her way!
    The doctor run around is aggravating to say the least. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Just got home from a ceremony held for all the teachers of the year in our county.  My bride was the teacher of the year for her school this year, I'm super proud of her.  
    Awesome! Tell her I said congrats. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just got home from a ceremony held for all the teachers of the year in our county.  My bride was the teacher of the year for her school this year, I'm super proud of her.  
    She's pretty awesome. Or pretty and awesome.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Congrats.....don't do what I did.....I called it teacher of the 9 months when mine had that accomplishment. I was not in good standing for quite a while.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That is outstanding Matt!  Congrats to Makenzie. That's fantastic. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Thanks @YEMTrey and @Botch.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @kl8ton please keep us updated. My heart goes out to y'all. My little girl is my everything. Can only imagine. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Congrats.....don't do what I did.....I called it teacher of the 9 months when my had that accomplishment. I was not in good standing for quite a while.
    This reminds me of when I failed to get my wife a mother's day present when she was carrying our first.  Mother's day was may 8 that year.  I thought I got out of it as he was not yet born. (Birthday  may 19).  PSA for any of you young soon to be father's or anewlywed. When in doubt, buy a gift.  When not in doubt (I wasn't), buy a gift! 

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @kl8ton please keep us updated. My heart goes out to y'all. My little girl is my everything. Can only imagine. 
    Thanks @Jeremiah
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Congrats.....don't do what I did.....I called it teacher of the 9 months when my had that accomplishment. I was not in good standing for quite a while.
    This reminds me of when I failed to get my wife a mother's day present when she was carrying our first.  Mother's day was may 8 that year.  I thought I got out of it as he was not yet born. (Birthday  may 19).  PSA for any of you young soon to be father's or anewlywed. When in doubt, buy a gift.  When not in doubt (I wasn't), buy a gift! 

Additional PSA:  "You're not MY mother" is a bad answer. So I've heard. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Congrats to your wife brother!!  Awesome accomplishment!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options

kl8ton said:

Hope she feels better quickly...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @kl8ton Prayers out for your little girl.  Hope she gets and feels better soon!

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.