Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexico all inclusive

Options
bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
We are kicking around another vacation in Mexico.   We have stayed at Krismia El Dorado Maroma and Sandals in Jamaica.  Mexico blew away Jamaica.  We can't lay out the $ for El Dorado at this time.  My question, has any of you eggheads vacationed at Beloved?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated . We enjoy the small "boutique non party resorts. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    As a die hard Puerto Vallarta fanatic, I was going to recommend PV.  Then I saw your "no party" requirement.  Truth be told , you can have a no party vacation there as well.  I have heard good things about Manazanillo and Barra De Navidad.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • steelcity314
    Options
    I stayed at the Hotel RIU Cancun and had an amazing time. 
  • bucky925
    Options
    That looks amazing, but not to sound pretenious we prefer adults only.  I love my kids and have done myrtle beach, disney and everything on ice...lol  Now it's our time. 

• steelcity314
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    That looks amazing, but not to sound pretenious we prefer adults only.  I love my kids and have done myrtle beach, disney and everything on ice...lol  Now it's our time. 
    Haha fair enough. Can't help you with an adults only resort, but let us know where you end up and how it is. 
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    We stayed at Le Blanc in Cancun and had an amazing time.   http://www.leblancsparesort.com 

It is adults only as you prefer and is more laid back.  Drinks are good (ask for doubles though) and food was really good.  It is also a smaller resort so didn't ever feel crowded.  We really enjoyed it and recommend to anyone heading to Cancun.
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm with you about Jamaica.  Mrs and I just enjoyed Mexico so much more.  We really enjoy the valentine in riviera maya.  Have stayed there twice and honestly would have a hard time not choosing it our next go around.  It adults only.  Has multiple restaurant options.  Night activities and shows on the resort if your wanting to do something.  Or just a great resort and beach for a peaceful stroll.  Very laid back and never felt like a party scene.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    We are the opposite and we only do adults only as well. We have a great time in Jamaica. I went to Mexico twice. First time and last time.... 
  • bucky925
    Options
    I'm not saying Jamaica was bad, it was great.  We stayed at Sandales royal Caribbean with butler service.  The priviate island was GREAT, but the service at the Mexico restort blew them away  We did enjoy zip lining in the rain forest for sure in Jamaica, I can't post the viedo but it was 900 ft up and 1500 feet long for the last one.  I had a death grip on my cell phone recording it. I really wish I could post the vid. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I'm not saying Jamaica was bad, it was great.  We stayed at Sandales royal Caribbean with butler service.  The priviate island was GREAT, but the service at the Mexico restort blew them away  We did enjoy zip lining in the rain forest for sure in Jamaica, I can't post the viedo but it was 900 ft up and 1500 feet long for the last one.  I had a death grip on my cell phone recording it. I really wish I could post the vid. 

I guess everywhere is different. We stayed at a mid range Couples resort in Ocho Rios and the food and service were fantastic. The staff was genuinely glad that you were there and bent over backwards for you. We went to a swanky high end all inclusive in Cancun. The service was marginal at best and the staff was not welcoming at all. The seemed aggravated that people were there. 
  • bucky925
    Options
    I know you are not to tip at a Sandals resort, but we found a few dollars in a handshake would get you superb service, and they all knew how to take that "handshake"  Of coures we tipped our butlers at the end of the stay.
    One funny story, Ms Cindy got himed up by a peacock one night trying to make it back to the bar....rofl.  It would not let her pass. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I know you are not to tip at a Sandals resort, but we found a few dollars in a handshake would get you superb service, and they all knew how to take that "handshake"  Of coures we tipped our butlers at the end of the stay.
    One funny story, Ms Cindy got himed up by a peacock one night trying to make it back to the bar....rofl.  It would not let her pass. 
    No tipping... lol.   you ALWAYS tip. 
  • bucky925
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    No tipping... lol.   you ALWAYS tip. 
    We were told the Sandals employees would be fired for accepting tips... We are NC yolcals so we didn't know  B)

• victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    Options
    we've vacationed at the Riu Palace, Cabo san Lucas, for the last 7 years, looking forward to out next visit.  always a great time.
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    When people are looking for a cheap getaway I refer them to Golden Parnassus in Cancun. We have been twice and had a good experience. It is adults only, and you can party as much or as little as you like. The hotel itself is a little dated, but you aren't spending 4 star money so it's to be expected. Service was always great from the staff.  
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    We have stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun twice and the Dreams resorts in Tulum.  The wife and I really like the moon palace and have recommended it to several friends who really enjoyed it.  It is a massive campus which spreads everyone out and makes it not feel over crowded.  Costco always has a deal with them and you can get some really good prices with flights and everything included. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You can't go wrong with Iberostar. We've been to their Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel properties. The Paraiso in Playa Del Carmen is adults only and would be a great choice. It's a step up from Sandals although the prices are very reasonable. With that said, I googled Beloved and that looks pretty great. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 483
    Options
    Have not stayed at the Beloved, but have stayed at another hotel by the same group (Excellence) and we had a great trip...Iberostar Grand has been our favorite, but Excellence was a close second...both were significantly better the Sandals we have been to
    Austin, TX
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Had a great time in Barcelo S of Playa - you pick which portion you want to be in.  Also have had a great time in Occidental Cozumel (now Barcelo) as well.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    @bucky925 We have been going to Cozumel for the last 8 years or so.  We always stay at Cozumel Palace, we go after Labor Day and save a ton, the resort is usually running at about 30% capacity so it is really laid back.  Recently I've been buying weeks from folks with time shares off of eBay and can get a significant savings over direct booking.  If you'd like PM me and I can put you in touch with the person we buy off of.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    We're honeymooning at the end of September at Excellence Riviara Cancun. A friend has been there three times now and recommended we go. Adults only all inclusive. I believe we payed $2200 total for airfare and all. 5 day stay. http://www.excellenceresorts.com/resorts/excellence-riviera-cancun?gclid=CjwKEAjw47bLBRDkgorklobUklESJAAGH4-RFWorWv1W8nNgWShKEqULsA6dGLusD0PzqxfL7uT_exoCW5Dw_wcB
    Pratt, KS
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    MattBTI said:
    We're honeymooning at the end of September at Excellence Riviara Cancun. A friend has been there three times now and recommended we go. Adults only all inclusive. I believe we payed $2200 total for airfare and all. 5 day stay. http://www.excellenceresorts.com/resorts/excellence-riviera-cancun?gclid=CjwKEAjw47bLBRDkgorklobUklESJAAGH4-RFWorWv1W8nNgWShKEqULsA6dGLusD0PzqxfL7uT_exoCW5Dw_wcB
    @MattBTI I went there a couple of years ago and we really enjoyed it. There was a bit of a party scene but we didn't mind that too much. 

I am sure your friend told you, but every day at 11 AM they have "coco loco" on the beach.  Start the day off right. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    We did Secrets Akumal. Adults only and pretty chill environment. There where always night and daytime activities, but you could easily avoid the fray if that is your wish. We thought it was first rate. Pools got increasingly quiet as you moved away from the beach. Good luck and enjoy. 
  • dgordon2nc
    dgordon2nc Posts: 100
    Options
    We stayed at the excellence playa mujeres. It's part of the same family. It's adults only and I highly recommend it.  It was an absolutely perfect vacation so much so that we want to make it a yearly getaway if we can. Check it out on trip advisor. 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Any place you can see clear blue water and white sand and not have to go to work is fine with me. 

I have been to just about every island in the Caribbean, and most of the Mexican "Riviera" on the West coast.... if you haven't been to Grand Cayman, I highly recommend that shoal.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    MattBTI said:
    @MattBTI I went there a couple of years ago and we really enjoyed it. There was a bit of a party scene but we didn't mind that too much. 

I am sure your friend told you, but every day at 11 AM they have "coco loco" on the beach.  Start the day off right. 

That's a great picture!  Love it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Make sure you go when the Europeans and Aussies are vacationing too.  They are a much more fun crowd than the Americans.  They defintely know how to holiday.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    For around the same money, also checkout Costa Rica.   We went a few years ago travelled through the entire country and ended up in Tamarindo on the Pacific coast. Awesome country and very reasonably priced,  
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    read @DoubleEgger story above.  I wouldn't go to mexico if you paid me after reading that.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • WhiteyQ
    WhiteyQ Posts: 29
    Options
    Concur with choosing an adult only resort if you are not brining the kids along, of course.  We had a good experience at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica in Cabo San Lucas.