Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I am all finished shopping and almost ready to ship. I just need to write my letter and pack it securely. If they have nothing in the wish list I am going to assume that they like everything. Correct? 
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    My box is packed so full that for anything else to go in something has to come out . Not a problem as I didn't buy anything that I wouldn't use myself.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Brason said:
    I am all finished shopping and almost ready to ship. I just need to write my letter and pack it securely. If they have nothing in the wish list I am going to assume that they like everything. Correct? 

Yep!  If they don't have the Wish List done, just send them stuff that you love!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    What if you hate the guy you drew?

Little Rock, AR

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Send him 3 pounds of pickled anus and sonnys bbq sauce 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Then kill him with kindness, after all you don't know who drew you.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Just send me an SRF brisket and skip the personal shopping.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
     =) 

Little Rock, AR

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Just did some more shopping, but there is a place about an hour from me that I will be driving thru next weekend, that has some really cool stuff, so my package won't go out until Monday. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Got my shopping done. I'm excited to participate this year. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I have a few more things to grab wednesday and then I should be done. 

Little Rock, AR

• BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    Went out and did my shopping this afternoon.  My wife walked in the door from work, looked at the table, and said oh my god how much did you spend?  
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• Legume
    Options
    BJM2932 said:
    Went out and did my shopping this afternoon.  My wife walked in the door from work, looked at the table, and said oh my god how much did you spend?  
    Yeah, I've had that response as well.  Wife leaving town for a few days, so I have a window to shop.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Someone may be getting Nashville hot chicken rub, just saying....
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    Legume said:
    BJM2932 said:
    Yeah, I've had that response as well.  Wife leaving town for a few days, so I have a window to shop.
    Well played.  I've been married less than a year, so I guess there is still time to learn...
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    My package is ready to mail out tomorrow!  This was a lot of fun already, thanks for doing this again cazzy.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Legume
    Options
    BJM2932 said:
    Legume said:
    BJM2932 said:
    Well played.  I've been married less than a year, so I guess there is still time to learn...
    Think of it as adaptation for survival.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am going to tour the local wineries this weekend, lots of them have jams and jellies and sauces made with their grapes and wines. A few of those should land in my giftee's package. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Options
    I already got an email with a tracking number from da elf. Must be a big elf, cause the package weight is 17lbs!!
    Holy Crap
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I am going to tour the local wineries this weekend, lots of them have jams and jellies and sauces made with their grapes and wines. A few of those should land in my giftee's package. 
    Man I miss the days when we used to do the wine tours in college.  Blue Sky was one of my favorites.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Blue sky is great, but my favorite is Starview. New owners and they have really changed the place for the better. 

Wine tours tend to get blurry 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have a few more things to grab wednesday and then I should be done. 

Don't forget some Cavenders.  It took 10 years to reach Florida back in the '90's. My friend Lambchop from Pine Bluff used to have her mother ship a care package until about 1990 Happy shopping

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Blue sky is great, but my favorite is Starview. New owners and they have really changed the place for the better. 

Wine tours tend to get blurry 
    Starview was another good one.  It was just a little bit longer of a drive for a bunch of drunk college kids so we usually ended up at Blue Sky.  Sometime we would take one of the bus trips and then we didn't worry about it and went to several.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Mine is all packed and shipping today!
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    I just double checked my mailing address. It was wrong. Crap! I hope I wasn't too late.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Packed and shipped with tracking. It wasn't you Charlie B.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I just double checked my mailing address. It was wrong. Crap! I hope I wasn't too late.
    Ditto...the auto fill must of pulled my home zip.  Just corrected so hope it gets here.   :o
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I hate autocorrect and am not to found of autofill.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

You're good...he hasn't shipped yet.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Purchased, packed, shipped and rolling toward its destination.  Est. arrival 6/26.  

Love this event!  Thanks again @cazzy for organizing!
    It's a 302 thing . . .