Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peking Duck

Options
I finally got around to cooking a Peking Duck.  The flavor was nice.  The skin crisped up fairly nicely, but I could have probably let it go one more day in the frig.  We will certainly do this one again.

Geaux Tigers!!

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Really really nice. 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Looks great ... time and temp?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Looks great ... time and temp?
    @Stormbringer.....Thanks!!  Ran it indirect at 350 for 40 mins on each side.  Pulled at 170deg on the leg and 165 on the breast.  Let the duck rest for 15mins before carving.  The meat was very juicy and flavorful.  It's amazing  how much fat rendered out. 

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks mighty fine to me brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Cool!  Did you use a bicycle pump to blow the skin out, as some recipes ask for?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• RajunCajun
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cool!  Did you use a bicycle pump to blow the skin out, as some recipes ask for?  

@Botch ...I did not.   Instead I pierced the skin in several spots to allow for the fat to render out. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RajunCajun
    I like that grill grate as well. Nice. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RajunCajun
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RajunCajun
    I like that grill grate as well. Nice. 

@sgh.....Yep, I love the two-tier system, just wish it was made of stainless.