Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Where the Kardashians got their start

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
edited June 2017 in Off Topic
Hard to believe it's been 23 yrs. Seems like only yesterday. 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I remember watching the verdict in elementary school, live on TV. Still can't believe they stopped class for that.
  • dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    I remember watching the verdict in elementary school, live on TV. Still can't believe they stopped class for that.
    I'm in the same boat, we watched it in the cafeteria... Odd the dumb $hit you remember.
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I remember being in the 4th grade when they announced the challenger blew up. January 28, 1986. 

Little Rock, AR

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Can't believe the LAPD never did find the real killer.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    Yep, same here.  Stopped class on 9/11, and we watched mass live on TV when the Pope was in STL......those two seem seem a lot more worthy than OJ
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Youngster! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Yeah, making me feel old.  I'm pretty sure I was at work during my freshman year of college watching it unfold.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Yeah, making me feel old.  I'm pretty sure I was at work during my freshman year of college watching it unfold.
    I was a senior at Ga Tech. Saw it at the Student Center. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Feeling kinda old.  I was well out of school and at work during the OJ trial.  I was in college when the Challenger crew slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God.
    Flint, Michigan
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks guys, as if Father's Day doesn't make me feel old enough.

XL BGE
    MD
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    In totally unrelated news, the judge in the Cosby trial just declared a mistrial.

Makes you wonder if anything would've changed had the other 49 women he'd attacked been allowed to testify.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    In totally unrelated news, the judge in the Cosby trial just declared a mistrial.

Makes you wonder if anything would've changed had the other 49 women he'd attacked been allowed to testify.
    What I don't understand is his wife, wtf with her?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

Yep, agreed.   
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    Fortunately for the duration of the OJ show I was overseas and while there were periodic updates etc I was glad to be abroad.  When I heard the jury deliberation time I told SWMBO  "Not Guilty."  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Only in America.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    There needs to be a category of 'didn't prove it' for the jury.  We can't say he's innocent but you didn't prove he's guilty.  I guess maybe that's what a hung jury is, it just doesn't sound as damning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Legume said:

Cuckolder
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin