Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looflighter support...WOW

Options
Logger
Logger Posts: 309
Was at the Space City Eggfest last Saturday.  One of the first vendor booths I came across was the Looflighter display.
Tracy Powell invited me to view one and I told her that I've bought 2 over the last 5 years.  One lasted about a year and a half and the other only 2 years.  She asked me..."why didn't you call"  I replied "I thought they were out of warranty".  She gave me a card and said "call me and I will replace it" and then she gave me her card and said "Wait!!! I've got one for you now".  (I told her my hands were full of water, phone, and foods I was about to eat).  She was very forgiving and when I was leaving she gave me a new Looflighter.  Big time CUDOS to Tracy and the Looft Industries for standing behind their product....
Had to post.
OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's how you win a customer back. Good thing you made it to the eggfest!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I know that I have loved mine for 5 years. I used it today in fact. Cue the weed burner crowd now.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    I love my looflighter. I can get to 225 dome in minutes now.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    My Looftlighter is 3 years old and still going strong!

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I know that I have loved mine for 5 years. I used it today in fact. Cue the weed burner crowd now.
    @Gulfcoastguy  Don't leave out my camp. Mapp\propane. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Logger
    Options
    @caliking  were you there?

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Logger said:
    @caliking  were you there?
    Yep. We were by the Posicles and Lane's BBQ. @20stone , @20stonespice , @pigfisher and I were slinging the boudain, burmeatballs, Burmese chix salad, and brisket rendang. I was the Indian guy with a red bandana. You should have said hello! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Logger
    Options
    I wish I had asked before I went, who all would be there.
    Planning on going again next year though.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    Melted the end off mine last year. When I bought one for a friend this week, I got the two year warranty on it. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They say to pull back as the coals get hot as the aluminum will melt if kept too close to the coals — and they say they will not cover the warranty if it happens.

http://www.looftlighter.com/en/warranty-information/
    IMPORTANT to read and to understand:

The charcoal and wood quickly reaches very high temperatures with the Looftlighter and the radiant heat from the charcoal/wood will turn back and be absorbed by the Looftlighter. This is why the outer tube (with the hole pattern) is made of aluminum*, and it’s only purpose is being a heat shield.
    The advantage of aluminum is that it does not absorb heat to dangerous levels, and also cools quickly. But the disadvantage of aluminum is that it can melt if the Looftlighter is kept touching the charcoal/wood, and this is why it’s so important to slightly pull it away when sparks or glow appear.

If all instructions have not been followed warranty on our product is void. So please follow all instructions and have years of enjoyment with our product.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    You really don't need to hold it all that close to the coals, even to get things started.  The Lighter blows plenty hot, and an inch away from the coals to start will do the trick.

Mine is still going strong.  Great product.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    I bought the Amazon third party warranty. 

Weve used it before on a karaoke machine that that had a microphone go bad. No questions asked - they refunded the entire purchase price. Was very satisfied. 

Those listening to me sing Bohemian Rapsody were, also, very, very satisfied. RAWK!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I don't know why you'd want to light a loofa, but I like hearing good customer service stories.

Props to you for posting it.  So often we just hear the bad stories...

Phoenix 
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    I had the exact opposite experience with them.

Purchased for me as a gift in 2015 (within warranty).  Purchased at a local BBQ store along with other merchandise.

Unit stopped working, took unit back to local BBQ store.  Did NOT have receipt or proof of purchase.  "Luckily", local BBQ store keeps online records.   "Oddly" (as expressed by BBQ store), Looflighter did NOT show on purchase record...even though the other purchased items did show up on their online records.   

Of note...had the original box, which STILL HAD the BBQ store's price tag on it. Have spent at least $1000-$1500 in the store over the past 2-3 years, so not a fly by night kind of customer.

They recommended I contact Looflighter directly, as they are "great to deal with".

Long story short...(I know, too late)...after MANY emails and having me jump thru hoops with pictures, questions, try the BBQ store for resolution (even though full explanation given), etc..."sorry, unable to assist you".  

My bad...no receipt.  But, it was a gift afterall.

Nonetheless...will NOT deal with either company (BBQ company or Loof) in the future, and will express my disappointment to anyone who asks.
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush