Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Beatles....anyone else jazzed about their new XM Channel?

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
I know I am. looking forward till tomorrow morning. This along with the Grateful Dead channel will make life almost complete (for me).....still waiting for the Dylan Channel. B)

Thu May 18 9:10 am Launches   The Beatles Channel......The Beatles were the big bang of pop-they created the musical world we live in today. Now for the first time, the most popular band in history presents their own channel. All things Beatles, 24/7. All of their hits, album tracks, live recordings, rarities & solo songs, along with the records that influenced them & music inspired by them. Plus, hear specials, interviews, & exclusive hosted shows. It's the soundtrack of our world made by John, Paul, George, and Ringo.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Rabbitthedawg
    Options
    Looking forward to it.  As an old disc jockey in the 1960's and 1970's, have always been a huge fan of the Beatles.  Saw them in Atlanta in 1965.  So much fun.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2017
    Options

There is no doubt whatsoever they were extremely important at rock's seminal moment, but all I can think now is 'I used to love them, but it's all over now".  I feel their music is boring and most of it hasn't really held up well to time.

For those that still enjoy them, rock on.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Still waiting for the Allman Brothers channel and the Rolling Stones channel!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options

I’m going to agree with @Spaightlabs a bit here.  I think the Beatles are somewhat overrated. 

They made a name for themselves being the original teeny bopper “New Kids On The Block” routine.  All the pop bull$hit music aimed at teen girls.  Yeah, they ended up making some decent tunes later on, but not before John went completely mental and ruined some stuff.

They were a commercially designed group just like Disney nowadays aimed at teenage girls.  It wasn’t until they got burnt out on the act and started doing drugs to change that they made a couple of interesting albums.

Do I enjoy some of their music, yes.  Were they influential at their time, unarguably yes.  The greatest band of all time as some would suggest.  Far from it. JMO.  

I’m in the camp that the most talented Beatle was George Harrison and he was forced to stay behind the scenes by John and Paul. 

Steve 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Not pumped at all. Just another wasted opportunity to put a channel to good use. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    just because they stole all their stuff from... the monkeys =) how can anyone hate on the beetles
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wow....you guys @DoubleEgger @YEMTrey @Spaightlabs are tough today. Its just a music channel. Respectfully, we can disagree on their contribution and their place in music history. Got to say they evolved and pushed music to new heights back in the day. As for greatest band ever...who cares....enjoy their music for what they were.....and still relevant today in my opinion. Collaboratively and individually the produced some great listening. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Still waiting for the Allman Brothers channel and the Rolling Stones channel!
    Me too! But I'm pretty excited about this one too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I know I am. looking forward till tomorrow morning. This along with the Grateful Dead channel will make life almost complete (for me).....still waiting for the Dylan Channel. B)

Thu May 18 9:10 am Launches   The Beatles Channel......The Beatles were the big bang of pop-they created the musical world we live in today. Now for the first time, the most popular band in history presents their own channel. All things Beatles, 24/7. All of their hits, album tracks, live recordings, rarities & solo songs, along with the records that influenced them & music inspired by them. Plus, hear specials, interviews, & exclusive hosted shows. It's the soundtrack of our world made by John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

I love the Beatles, Dylan, and Dead. Especially all their new stuff...oh wait. :wink:
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Wow....you guys @DoubleEgger @YEMTrey @Spaightlabs are tough today. Its just a music channel. Respectfully, we can disagree on their contribution and their place in music history. Got to say they evolved and pushed music to new heights back in the day. As for greatest band ever...who cares....enjoy their music for what they were.....and still relevant today in my opinion. Collaboratively and individually the produced some great listening. 
    It'll get a preset on my car stereo.  I'll give it a chance. 
    Steve 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    First the French and now the Beatles.... lol
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I get ya @northGAcock - I think of all the bands that The Beatles inspired and am Grateful  ;) that they did what they did.

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    THE DOORS. I could listen to them 24/7

While i appreciate what the Beatles contributed to rock n roll, i simply never got into their music.  Same for the stones except for a handful of tracks.

• northGAcock
    Options
    THE DOORS. I could listen to them 24/7

While i appreciate what the Beatles contributed to rock n roll, i simply never got into their music.  Same for the stones except for a handful of tracks.

I remember (likely 14-15 years ago) while living in the Atlanta area....a radio station would periodically have a 3-D weekend. All they would play was Dylan, Dead and the Doors. Was one of my favorites. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    I wish they had a Floyd channel...
  • northGAcock
    Options
    They have done some limited engagement channels with Floyd. Its been a while back though.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    They have done some limited engagement channels with Floyd. Its been a while back though.
    They've done the same thing with Metallica. 

But hey, we've got a Neil Diamond channel now. SMMFH
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm rather indifferent to the Beatles. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I saw McCartney in 1993 and a couple years back. I will say he puts on a pretty good show. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I'm rather indifferent to the Beatles. 
    +1
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I'm a channel 60 guy. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options

My XM channel presets go like this: (In no particular order, 12 presets)

1.    Margaritaville Channel

2.    Lithium (Alternative 90’s rock)

3.    BB King Blues Channel

4.    Jam On (Jam Band Channel)

5.    Grateful Dead Channel

6.    BackSpin (Old skool rap, 80’s & 90’s)

7.    Pearl Jam Channel

8.    Classic Rewind (70’s & 80’s Classic Rock)

9.    PGA Tour Radio

10. Classic Vinyl (60’s & 70’s Classic Rock)

11. ESPN Radio

12. Kenny Chesney No Shoes Channel

Might add Deep Tracks (Deep Classic Rock) and Soul Town.

Anybody have any recommendations that they like and I should give a listen?

Steve 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Ozzie's Boneyard and Hair Nation are pretty solid 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Mine in order...pre Beatles Channell

1.    Deep Tracks

2.    Grateful Dead 

3.   Classic Vinyl 

4.   Tom Petty 

5.   BB King's Bluesville

6.   Jam On 

7.   Little Stevens Underground

8.    Classic Rewind 

9.    Bruce Springsteen

10. Margaritaville

12. Kenny Chesney No Shoes Channel

Channel

• northGAcock
    Options
    Bump.....kicking off at 9:09 this morning.

• northGAcock
    Options
    They've done the same thing with Metallica. 

But hey, we've got a Neil Diamond channel now. SMMFH
    D@mn......I have been missing Neil? 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just found out Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave died after the concert in Detroit last night. He was 52.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Outlaw Country
    Bluesville
    Deep Tracks

That's all I need
  • SoCal_Griller
    SoCal_Griller Posts: 516
    Options
    I grew up with the Beatles and even played a lot of their music on the guitar.  Important?  yes.  But personally if I don't have to listen to another Beatles Sunday on the radio i'd be just fine.

But that's just me, enjoy the new chanel!
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    My vote's for a Van Morrison channel. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser