Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rough Couple Of Weeks

Options

Sorry to be a downer, but its been a rough couple of weeks!

Lost a lady at work to cancer.  Fu&k cancer.  From diagnosis to final goodbyes took 40 days.  Healthy and happy to gone that quick.

And over the weekend I got word that a guy from the college football days was killed in a motorcycle crash.  Had his funeral today.  You guys who watched Sports Center will remember Chris Berman talking about the wide receiver Michael "HeHe" Jackson.... That was him!  Some lady pulled out in front of him while he was riding his motorcycle.

Stay safe my friends.  And to Jackie and Michael, I'll see you guys (hopefully) much later on.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    That sucks man. Sorry 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sorry Dave.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Sorry for your losses. Life is precious.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Peace be with you, kind of puts all the latest " sniveling threads " in perspective .
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    That's rough Dave.  Hang in there man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Ugh, sorry man. Being on the other side of these things is quite sobering.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friends. Prayers heading your direction 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Yep, you're right, cancer sucks.

A guy I went to high school with, beat to death his grandma and uncle with a frying pan on Mother's Day over $20.  

Crazy times man.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My friend, sorry to hear that.  Truly sorry.  Staying in the trenches every day.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Its been a rough year for me (not personally) with deaths of those close to me re: work, play and family. Value your time with others. Enjoy the ride.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My condolences. The older I get the more aware I am of the limited time we enjoy with our friends and cherished loved ones. Live!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very sorry to hear those stories.  Hang in there.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sorry to hear all of this. Hang in there.  Life is fragile and can change in a second. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    So sorry buddy. I am amazed at the number of my former fellow students who have died.  I am down to a total of 3 siblings, there used to be 7 of us. Cancer, heart disease took them all too young. Savor time with those you care about, it all ends too soon.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Cancer sucks! Mother in law is in round 2 with hers and it is very sad to watch. Very sorry to hear of your losses. Keep your head up, stay positive and stay healthy. That's all we can do. When it's our time to go, we must go. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Sorry for your loses Dave.  I lost on old high school friend that was an older brother of one of my classmates to cancer a few weeks back.  He was healthy then diagnosed about 6 months ago before he passed.  They couldn't stop it.  I lost my dad when I was nine to cancer.  He was only 43.  I feel your pain my friend.  Pete is right as we get older it makes us more aware and the limited time we all have here.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.