Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pocket Cleaver Giveaway...And the winner is....

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
I mentioned that I would do the draw today. It seemed like a good Friday discussion thing to do. So I put it together over lunch and here's what I did. Had I waited until later there is a good chance I would be drunk :)

I took everyone's nomjnations and put them all into an excel spreadsheet. 

Then I used a google random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 111 since there were 111 nominations. 
It picked. 

So I went to the excel sheet and #38 was....
Congratulations @lousubcap

Clearly a few folks really go over and above with the help they give people. Scottie was nominated 14 times, RRP got 8 votes and the winner was in there 10 times. Tarheel Matt, Yukon Ron, Nolaegghead, BGEBrent and The Centex Smoker all came up a lot as well. 

Thanks to to everyone who took the time to nominate but a bigger thanks to everyone who takes time out of their busy lives to help out others. 

In case anyone missed it on the other thread, here is the not quite finished prize. A sheath will be made to go with it and I will PM the winner to make delivery arrangements. I'm back in the US next month so it's gonna be sent from there so I don't have to deal with border issues etc. 

Thanks everyone. It was a great experience for me to push my skills a bit more and look to deliver something worthy of the group. 
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Congrats @Lousubcap! Now just don't run with it!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    I think he needs to post his first cook using it.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,402
    Options
    Wow! Just Wow!  Better to be lucky than good any day is truly at play here.  A most sincere thank you and appreciation to @gmac for such a personal and meaningful display of talent and skill and beyond that generosity on the forum.  Talk about raising the bar.  This will be treated with the utmost respect for sure.  
    And thanks also to those who tossed my name into the ring such that I had the opportunity to participate.  We are all here to enjoy the camaraderie of cooking on BGE's and offer sage (or not) pearls of wisdom (politics excepted).  Just trying to make it better for the next go 'round.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    This whole process has been cool. Great recognition for many of this site's most dedicated contributors and a great prize for one of the many deserving nominees. Congrats all around!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Congrats Lou. Well deserved. Very nice of you gmac. I hope you decide to make some of these to sell. I'd like to get on the list if so. 
    Snellville, GA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well deserved. Way to go Lou!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Unimpeachable choice.  Congrats
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Congrats @lousubcap

Additionally, a well-deserved round of applause for all of the nominees. It is contributors such as you that make this forum the helpful, entertaining, insightful (or in some cases, "inciteful"! I'm looking at you @JohnInCarolina ;) ) and friendly community that it is. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @lousubcap. Congrats!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    gmac said:
    I mentioned that I would do the draw today. It seemed like a good Friday discussion thing to do. So I put it together over lunch and here's what I did. Had I waited until later there is a good chance I would be drunk :)

I took everyone's nomjnations and put them all into an excel spreadsheet. 

Then I used a google random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 111 since there were 111 nominations. 
    It picked. 

So I went to the excel sheet and #38 was....
    Congratulations @lousubcap

Clearly a few folks really go over and above with the help they give people. Scottie was nominated 14 times, RRP got 8 votes and the winner was in there 10 times. Tarheel Matt, Yukon Ron, Nolaegghead, BGEBrent and The Centex Smoker all came up a lot as well. 

Thanks to to everyone who took the time to nominate but a bigger thanks to everyone who takes time out of their busy lives to help out others. 

In case anyone missed it on the other thread, here is the not quite finished prize. A sheath will be made to go with it and I will PM the winner to make delivery arrangements. I'm back in the US next month so it's gonna be sent from there so I don't have to deal with border issues etc. 

Thanks everyone. It was a great experience for me to push my skills a bit more and look to deliver something worthy of the group. 

Wow that's a really beautiful piece of work!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Congrats @lousubcap!!!!   Thanks @gmac for a great gift for the winner...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @gmac
    I think that the Russians hacked the results ;)
    On a serious note, that's a great looking cleaver and a mighty fine gesture on your part my friend. For your kindness and generosity, I proudly give you the Double Seal of Approval brother mac. 

@lousubcap
    Congratulations my friend. You more than deserve it brother Cap. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• gmac
    Options
    Oh man. A double seal. That's awesome @SGH
    I've dreamed of the day I get a single seal but the double...!  
    This has been fun.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,402
    Options
    @gmac- much more than deserved.  Thank you again for making this happen. Truly an exceptional gesture of kindness.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,120
    Options
    Very cool!  Great member won for sure!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • gmac
    Options
    You guys do realize I have no idea what I'm doing right?   This thing might cut like tinfoil :)
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @gmac  What a beautiful knife. I don't think I'd put it in my pocket though. Very generous of you to give it away. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    gmac said:
    You guys do realize I have no idea what I'm doing right?   This thing might cut like tinfoil :)
    Have you opened an etsy store yet? 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very cool thing to do and excellent looking piece of hardware!  congrats @lousubcap Well deserved!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,120
    Options
    gmac said:
    Modesty fits you, kind sir.  However, your knives show your skill.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very EGG thing you did! Very nice. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Congrats lou
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• gmac
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    gmac said:
    Have you opened an etsy store yet? 
    I had to ask my wife what etsy was :) 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Hey, congrats cap!  Very cool gmac.

Phoenix 
  • gmac
    Options
    If anyone is on Instagram and wants to see my evolution as I keep teaching myself this hobby. I made a page just for knife making stuff. My friends were complaining that my personal page had too much knife stuff and not enough beer stuff (true story). Hoping this doesn't violate any rules here but my knife page is "Thames_Valley_Edgeworks if you're on Instagram and are interested. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats @lousubcap
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Great prize for a great guy! Kudos to you @gmac. Lots of great karma!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Congrats lou!   The cleaver that looks like art and the coveted double SGH Seal af Approval.  youre a winner!