Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

foodsaver bags

Options
poster
poster Posts: 1,172
Heading into the US from Canada this wknd. Is there any major store that carries food saver rolls or equivalent for cheapish? Target, Gander Mountain, SAMS?? I just paid $25 here for 2-11" food saver brand rolls. I should have likely ordered online and shipped them to a US address, but dropped the ball on that one

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    Sam's and Costco both have the best deal in my area 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Before I started buying direct from FoodSaver and BTW they often have sales - I found the best deals at the chain called Kohl's, but I don't know where you are headed if Kohl's are even in that location! 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • poster
    Options
    Yup theres a kohl's. Will check them out and sams. Thanks!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    poster said:
    Yup theres a kohl's. Will check them out and sams. Thanks!
    Good! We have been a SAMs member for at least 15 years and have never seen any FS products here, but maybe they are stocked at other SAMs. Good luck, shopping! BTW out of curosity what value level must you declare to get back into Canada without the crossing guards getting a pound of flesh from your hide? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • poster
    edited April 2017
    Options
    $200/person for 24-48hrs $800/person for 48 hours plus. Anything over gets taxed 13%, which is our sales tax in Ontario. For booze 1-40oz or one case of beer duty free, after that theres a bunch of taxes and mark-ups to pretty much make it equal value to locally bought booze.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Costco has 1X8"; 4X11"; 36X1qt bags for $40US. 2 weeks ago there was a coupon for $5 off in the Bellingham store. At $35US that is about $47CDN. 
    Same product is $45 in Canada, which is even less than the sale price in the US. If you are a Costco member, check out the CDN store, you might be surprised. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Walmart has their own brand of food saver bags. They work just as well as any I have used. I have used , foodsaver , zip lock ,and aldis . Aldis was cheapest , followed by walmart brand.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I use foodvacbags from amazon. 2 11"x50' rolls for like 18 bucks. Hard to get to take across the border though

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I use foodvacbags from amazon. 2 11"x50' rolls for like 18 bucks. Hard to get to take across the border though
    Have used the Nutri-Lock bags, they are good for freezer, but the only times I had a SV leak was using them, probably just me. The quality is excellent.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    The Food Saver box at Costco will have instant saving of 10 dollars from 4/27 thru 5/21.  I like the box because of the quart bags, which I use for sous vide.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Walmart has them around here.  I usually order the Weston rolls on Amazon. They work perfectly with a Foodsaver and are cheaper.  I think I have a lower failure rate with Weston than Foodsaver bags.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't like the rolls. Maybe other sealers are different, but mine doesn't have a roll dispenser so I have to cut each bag with a knife or scissors, seal one side and then proceed as usual. I like qt size bags and usually buy 200. Rolls really aren't much cheaper. Maybe 1-2¢ each. I figure the wear on my vac sealer is worth that. Plus, it's less of a PITA.

I do keep a large roll on hand for the occasional oversize whatever. I buy a 15"x50' roll from time to time.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    @Carolina Q do you have a link to those bags?
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    maso said:
    @Carolina Q do you have a link to those bags?
    Last time, I bought these (qt size). http://www.touchofhomefoods.com/vacmaster_storage_bag.html 
    Used to be The Sweet Attack or something like that. They changed names. I see they are now $43/200 qt bags.

I have since found these at $33/200. Haven't bought from these guys yet, but that's the plan next time.
    https://foodvacbags.com/collections/bags/products/8-x-12-quart?variant=1013230729 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut