Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When you have to make do...

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
In Frisco, NC, in the OBX. Have to make do with what I have at hand.  Good local ale, Weber kettle, and wieners. Better than a day at work. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Amen!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Beautiful area. But dogs, really? Get some meat on there!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    Options
    I could maybe get a good seat on some
    steaks, but I feel it just won't get hot enough so I'm playing it safe. Would love to grill some local catch, but didn't want to take a
    chance and ruined a good piece of fish 
    Member since 2009
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,210
    Options
    Weber kettle will get plenty hot for steaks & fish.  Kettles are great at hot and fast.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,737
    Options
    Love the Outer Banks, I pull my rv to Ocean Waves Campground in Waves to get away from everything!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I could definitely use some beach time right now.  Enjoy and have fun!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    I can appreciate a good quality wiener!  ( ok that came out wrong)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I haven't been to the Outer Banks since I was probably 10 years old. Mostly, I just remember the dunes. It was so long ago, I actually met Orville and Wilbur!

As for the kettle, it is MADE for high heat cooks. Get some fish and a steak or two! If you want indirect, just put the coals on one side and the food on the other.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Options
    Thanks for the Weber tips. Never had one before. Took me a few try's to figure when the optimum time to dump the briquettes from the chimney starter to get the most heat from them. Never had a Weber and never used briquettes much before. 
    Member since 2009
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    500 said:
    Thanks for the Weber tips. Never had one before. Took me a few try's to figure when the optimum time to dump the briquettes from the chimney starter to get the most heat from them. Never had a Weber and never used briquettes much before. 
    Don't worry, it's instinctive.  First, get beer and refills as needed.  Drink.  Then open kettle.   Drink.  Fill chimney starter with briquettes.   Drink.  Put newspaper on bottom of chimney.  Drink.  Light paper.  Drink.  Drink.  See gray on the coals, dump chimney and arrange.   Drink. The possibilities are endless.  Kettles are versitile.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Beach dogs are my favorite. I eat hot dogs 2 places. Ball games and over charcoal at the beach. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX