Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The EGG and Dizzy Pig continue to amaze....

Options
GHEgger
GHEgger Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have now had the wife actually say that the BGE was one of the best purchases I've made! Even my 2-year olds LOVE the food off that thing. Should be pretty easy to get my second egg next year ;)[p]Did some fresh line-caught Alaska salmon last night I got from my neighbor that just got back from the Kenai. Dusted it with a little DP Raging River first, then proceeded with my "secret" recipe of seasonings. The DP was a FANTASTIC addition to the recipe. Cooked on a foil pan at about 350 direct with alder & apple chips, it was done in about 20 minutes. Amazing flavor. Can't believe I wasted all those years on a gasser.[p]Can't wait to try the new Shakin' The Tree on some salmon next time. I'll finally get to try the Raising the Steaks tonight on a ribeye. Both taste wonderful out of the bottle! Dizzy Pig, you guys got skills!

Comments

• George
    George Posts: 86
    Options
    GHEgger,[p]it's funny you should say that, b/c my wife said EXACTLY the same thing last night. she actually said "why didn't we buy this Egg a long time ago." [p]mind you, she was a staunch opposer of a charcoal grill taht costs so much. but now that she's seen what it can do, and how terrific the food tastes, she an egg convert!!! [p]the egg really is all what it's cracked up to be...
  • CdnQer
    CdnQer Posts: 23
    Options
    Isn't it funny, eh? My wife has recently said that too about the Egg.
    We had burgers the other day and we were in a rush so I cooked them on the gasser and the kids didn't like them at all. They said they prefered them done on the Egg!

Love live the Big Green Egg!

Erik