Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

. . . "Great Again"

Options

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Anyone else remember way back in December when Sean Spicer insisted that open access for the media is "what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/24/in-december-spicer-said-barring-media-access-is-what-a-dictatorship-does-today-he-barred-media-access/?utm_term=.54fc9b40a0e7

Enough.  Rx is for strong drink and forgetting.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:
     :s 
    blasting said:

If CNN decides to become a news organization again, they should be allowed back in.

So . . . it's a good thing that our President gets to decide which organization is a "news organization"?

Good to know.

News organizations can be as hard as they want on Trump.  When they start making stuff up, . . .

Examples, please?

If you want proof of their unethical behavior (beyond sharing debate questions with Hillary), just google "list of CNN lies".  

For me, this returned 8,570,000 results.

Brilliant, Blasting.  Overwhelmed by your proof, I'm convinced.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    well, if you banned anyone that made stuff up from press conferences, wouldn't that mean there would be nobody talking to press?  I'm not sure there has been a WH press secretary that never massaged their reporting.

so, isn't this about not liking the fake news you report vs reporting the fake news I tell you?  you can't tell me there is one side that's clean here.
    IF you're choosing the false-equivalency prism through which to view this, you're already done.  
    IF so, you're already in the bag - in the to be field-dressed..

false-equ...my head hurts.  my take, none of these folks pointing fingers at each other are clean.  cleaner?  maybe, but it's a mud-slinging contest and the strong side-taking here is losing it's humor.  you lied!  no, you lied!  if news organizations aren't looking at their reporting and making sure they have a clear line between reporting and coloring, then they should.  that's the position they take, so they need to self police and hold themselves to a standard, not get into a pissing contest w/an administration.  the trump side, well, yeah, they need to self examine as well.
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Okay.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    I love it. I hope he starts blocking all of the left wing libturds that make up and report fake news. It's good to see someone finally stand up to the nut job libturds on the left. Get'em Trump!!!!!!!! Hey here is an idea, maybe build a wall around CNN and deport its libturds supporters. That would be a fitting and proper end to those lying libturds.  
    's always nice to get input from
    A good, God fearing, Christian southerner. 
    Well, then . . . who needs even-keeled, bias-free considered thought when you're got that ?!

The NY TIMES & CNN  are "bias-free  considered thought"?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
    Okay, Fred.  If I can't decide, who is qualified or justified to decide?
    You?
    Our President?

Who gets to decide, Fred?
    Who?

I think the American people decided who they listen to during the last election cycle.  In case you weren't paying attention, the NY Times and CNN failed to convince folks to vote for that pantsuited crook.

There's no need to carry on here as I'm not going to be able to agree with your point of view that fake news is legit.  Just the same as you will not be able to agree with my point of view.
    Flint, Michigan
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

If CNN decides to become a news organization again, they should be allowed back in.

So . . . it's a good thing that our President gets to decide which organization is a "news organization"?

Good to know.

News organizations can be as hard as they want on Trump.  When they start making stuff up, . . .

Examples, please?

If you want proof of their unethical behavior (beyond sharing debate questions with Hillary), just google "list of CNN lies".  

I tell my daughter that if she finds herself arguing with someone who won't cede the basic facts she shouldn't waste her time.  I suppose I should take my own advice.

If you're unwilling to acknowledge the unethical way CNN has conducted themselves - where does the conversation go?  They gave debate questions out to try and influence the election.  Nuff said, and there are a plethora of other examples.  If you refuse to acknowledge CNN's shadiness during this election cycle, your subsequent points become highly suspect.
    Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Good to know.

Examples, please?

I tell my daughter that if she finds herself arguing with someone who won't cede the basic facts she shouldn't waste her time.  I suppose I should take my own advice.

If you're unwilling to acknowledge the unethical way CNN has conducted themselves - where does the conversation go?  They gave debate questions out to try and influence the election.  Nuff said, and there are a plethora of other examples.  If you refuse to acknowledge CNN's shadiness during this election cycle, your subsequent points become highly suspect.
    I think that you and Fred are right.
    We're done.

I'm picking the 'Dubs in the Finals.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Fox news never reported any fake news the last twenty years did they?  No one with a skin had to ban them did They?
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Media Matters reporting on Breitbart (or vise versa) is interesting.  

Kettle, meet pot - pot, meet kettle.

Phoenix 
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    I am glad we are a democratic republic where the dumbmasses do not get to decide who runs our country ! Let's see CNN leaked debate questions to HRC and that was okay ? CNN,MSNBC,NBC,ABC are all farcical in what they choose to report. Brian Williams "misremembering" of facts, all of us with common sense (Trump supporters), call it lieing!
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    Fox news never reported any fake news the last twenty years did they?  No one with a skin had to ban them did They?
    Haha
    If that Kenyan Marxist Muslim President Obama had even considered banning FOXNews from a press conference . . .

• Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options

With 69% of his statements rated as "Mostly False" or worse, maybe President Trump's pre-emptive war on the media is understandable.

The PolitiFact scorecard

Donald Trump's website

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Sixty nine percent ain't nothing.
     :| 

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    In this day and age, screw them all. Post it to a webpage and let everyone pull it from there. Watch it live and ask a question 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    blasting said:

Media Matters reporting on Breitbart (or vise versa) is interesting.  

Kettle, meet pot - pot, meet kettle.

That's media matters core and stated job. Report on media.
    edited February 2017
    Options

So, today Pope said better an atheist than a Catholic living a double life...such gentle SHADE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think the Obama admin banned Fox at one point, and journalists  from the other (ahem, libtard!) outlets flipped out until they let them back in.

We'll see how it goes this time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Much of this is just throwing smoke.  The Trump admin knows they need a foil, what with the giant nothingburger they've gotten accomplished so far.  Press is all too willing to play along.
  • SmokeySailor
    Options
    Ugh, can't we leave the political BS on Facebook?
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    XL BGE - AR Rig Combo - Bunch of other things I don't know how to use...
  • HelenGrace203
    HelenGrace203 Posts: 43
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think the Obama admin banned Fox at one point, and journalit's from the other (ahem, libtard!) outlets flipped out until they let them back in.

We'll see how it goes this time.
    Um, no, fake news.  BUT I just pit my ribs sous vide per your advice. :)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It's a free country brother.  Nobody's forcing you to read the thread.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    I am glad we are a democratic republic where the dumbmasses do not get to decide who runs our country ! Let's see CNN leaked debate questions to HRC and that was okay ? CNN,MSNBC,NBC,ABC are all farcical in what they choose to report. Brian Williams "misremembering" of facts, all of us with common sense (Trump supporters), call it lieing!
    Don't forget Dan Rather blowing his entire foot off, then reloading.
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    One day if I am lucky, I will be a member of a political forum and choose to dominate those those guys in bbq/food topics,, but I will only do it on a Friday. That way I have the liquid courage to do such a deed. 
    VA Beach
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I feel like he's on to something...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Much of this is just throwing smoke.  The Trump admin knows they need a foil, what with the giant nothingburger they've gotten accomplished so far.  Press is all too willing to play along.
    Exactly, Trumpty Dumpty is just playing to his base. He knows they just love it when he talks about the "fake news media" all while his base is reading InfoWars. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    No, the liberals on here are always starting political threads. They are so butthurt they can't help themselves.
  • HelenGrace203
    HelenGrace203 Posts: 43
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ach, try watching ANY other commentary -- BO's never been or claimed to be or ever will be a journalist.
  • SmokeySailor
    Options
    It's a free country brother.  Nobody's forcing you to read the thread.
    Who said I read it?  Just disappointing to a new member...
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    XL BGE - AR Rig Combo - Bunch of other things I don't know how to use...