Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Covering all the Bases

Options
News2u
News2u Posts: 335
edited February 2017 in Off Topic

Been using 303 protectant on the truck for a while now. The other day applied it to our BGE cover after giving it a good cleaning. Look how the fabric now shines and does this silky, draping thing:

Before the 303 treatment, the material had gotten almost as hard as cardboard. May have saved the cover from getting overly brittle to the touch. We'll see how she holds up from here on out. I definitely recommend. Been out there a year and a half without any protection till now.

Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.  My XL cover could use some TLC.  I may have to seek some of this out and see how well it works.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    303 is great stuff, keep a couple of bottles on hand, use it on almost everything.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Ok - before I run all over town trying to find it, where do you buy it? An auto supply store maybe? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @RRP I will defer to the current user but around here I find it at spa or pool supply stores.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RRP said:
    Ok - before I run all over town trying to find it, where do you buy it? An auto supply store maybe? 
    Farm and Fleet is the cheapest Ron.  Cheaper than the boat stores and Autozone around here.

This stuff is great, versatile....learned about it from a pro detailer. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• News2u
    Options
    Focker said:
    303 is great stuff, keep a couple of bottles on hand, use it on almost everything.
    So I am learning. Absolutely marvelous stuff. 303's entire array of stuff is great...including their leather preservative.
  • News2u
    Options

RRP said:
    Amazon, my man.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    So, I should get some and use it on my XL cover that has been draped over my fence for the past 3 years...?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• News2u
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    So, I should get some and use it on my XL cover that has been draped over my fence for the past 3 years...?
    Recommend a thorough cleaning first. 303 can be spayed directly on the surface. Work in good. Dries to a nice sheen and isn't oily. Even works on leather. Course, like anything else needing protection against the elements, you'll have to re-apply periodically. Or how else would the manufacturer make a killing off the stuff?