Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whiskey Sour Recipe - Give it a Try!

Options
GrateEggspectations
GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,356
edited February 2017 in EggHead Forum
Started making whiskey sours at home last week and have been really pleased with the results. It's a fairly simple drink that requires only household ingredients. Recipe below.

Pour the following ingredients in a shaker.

- 1oz lemon (approx. one half lemon)
- 2oz bourbon (rye is also good)
- 3/4oz heavy simple syrup ("heavy" means 2:1 sugar to water. To make at home, boil one cup water and then stir in 2 cups of sugar. Allow syrup to cool.)
- 1 egg white

Shake above ingredients vigorously in the shaker. (This is to break up the egg for a velvety texture.)

Add ice to shaker and shake vigorously once again. 

Serve over ice with a fruit garnish.

The result is a well-balanced drink that is simultaneously sweet, sour and refreshing. The egg white gives the drink a beautifully creamy texture. This homemade version is entirely consistent with those I've had in some of my city's best restaurants.

You can tweak the recipe to your taste. My wife prefers a little less bourbon in hers. 

If you decide to try it, please let me know what you think!

Comments