Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Pricing

Options
hey guys, I'm sort of stumped.  I live in East Tennessee and I am wanting to buy a Minimax.  When I check the prices around here they are $589.  When I check the price in Atlanta they are $489 at different locations.  I have a XL and a Large and love cooking but paying $100 more is kinda hard to take.  I called the mothership and the guy basically said I should plan a trip to Atlanta.  I thought the prices were pretty straight forward with some deviation.  Thoughts?

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky, the further West you get (I'm in LA) the higher the prices get. Local's to the Mothership are very lucky. I pay full retail with no freebies or addons as incentives to buy an egg.

But, on the flip side, Tri tip is available on what seems every street corner here in SoCal. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Welcome aboard and continue to enjoy the journey.  As you are aware, look for a reasonably local eggfest and see what deal you can work through that.  My dealer will apply the eggfest promo to any sized BGE regardless of the advertised XL and L pricing.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    It can also be based on shipping costs from the distributor and whether or not it is a high volume dealer and can thus afford the lower price point. If dealer buys a lot of BGE product, shipping is cheaper, if not free. If a dealer buys less, they have to pay for shipping of  BGE product. It can also mean the cheaper price is based on older inventory bought and shipped at a lower price. Just because they sell an Egg new in a box, it doesn't mean it can be last year's (or more) model. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    They can sell them a lot cheaper in your area if you get yourself a semi and start hauling them over there for free. Everyone else would be grateful. 
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    My local dealer had a minimax on the shelf for quite some time. I paid $350 with a plate setter.
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    My local dealer had a minimax on the shelf for quite some time. I paid $350 with a plate setter.
    What a deal!  I wouldn't have been able to pass that up either! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • sejones72
    Options
    That's the deal I'm looking to find!!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Paid about $900 CAD for mine (without plate setter!). Just be thankful you're not in Canada. 
  • sejones72
    Options
    Dang, that's awful!!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    $500.00 in Louisville, with plate setter, ash tools, bag of BGE lump and firestarters.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky