Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chorus Christmas Party...

Options
Morning All:

Monday was the Christmas party for the Sweet Adeline's group that Kathy sings with & they asked me to provide the meal...here is the "menu"

Appetizer – ABT Dip (jalapenos, cream cheese, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, pineapple salsa, bacon) with Tostitos Scoops

Salad – Baby spinach & strawberry with roasted pecans & Raspberry/Poppy seed dressing

Protein
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions wrapped in bacon
Rubs: Braswell’s Cinnamon Chipotle / Dizzy Pig Raging River (maple) / Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head / Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express (coffee)
Sauces: Wasabi Mayo / Jay’s BBQ / White BBQ

Vegetables
Roasted sweet onions with butter & beef flavoring
Roasted root vegetables – Carrot, Sweet Potato, Parsnip, Fingerling Potato, Beet & Garlic
Grilled vegetable kabobs – Cauliflower, Broccoli, Mushroom, Beet (With Rosemary/Olive oil glaze & White BBQ for dipping)

Side
Shrimp fried rice (with low-sodium Soy Sauce)

I think there were 26 or 27 people at the party.

Started with 8 pork tenderloins...in the brine for about 90 minutes...

these were then cut into medallions (about 1.25" thick) & was able to get six nice ones from each tenderloin...wrapped in bacon & filling the grid (direct at about 350)...

Into four pans for serving (marked with the appropriate rub)...

The onions just on the Egg to cook for almost 2 hours...

Finished...so tasty...

One of the batches of fried rice...

I did have to cheat & do the roasted veggies in that big box in the kitchen (just didn't have enough Egg room this time)...finished veggies...

And the veggie Kabobs...

Finished ABT dip...

It was a busy day, but everyone enjoyed the meal!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments