Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadians: Lowes sale on maple leaf

Options
bigalsworth
bigalsworth Posts: 685
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
Lowes has 20% off maple leaf right now.  $14.39 for a bag

edit: today only.
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    That's decent. Thanks!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    Ya that is a good price. What do you like better Maple Leaf or Basques? I just tried Basques for the first time this weekend and so far so good
  • SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    Thanks for posting! While Lowes is about a 20 minute drive from me in a busy area, there is a Rona about 5 minutes away. So I went to Rona and they did a price match on the 8kg bags of Maple Leaf. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I have been checking frequently, I am down to half a bag left of Sugar maple and it looks like it is on sale as well. Not as good as the last sale but better than nothing. Good thing I checked the forum today.  
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2016
    Options
    poster said:
    Ya that is a good price. What do you like better Maple Leaf or Basques? I just tried Basques for the first time this weekend and so far so good
    Basques is all sugar maple and Maple Leaf has some birch in it. One is as good as the other but Maple Leaf has bigger pieces if you care about that. They are the two best I've used.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,536
    edited December 2016
    Options
    great price, about same as Nella's but you have to buy 20 bags there!  I vaguely recall if you sign up for their email spam, you get a $10 off coupon code for purchase over $50 online order, not sure if they still do it.  fyi for those in GTA, they opened a new Lowes at Yonge/Steeles.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    basque and maple leaf are both great lump, i give it to maple leaf as it has a better smell in the back yard.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Chocoman
    Options
    Thanks for posting, dropped into Cambridge Lowes over lunch and grabbed the last 5 bags...$18.00 savings...
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    great price, about same as Nella's but you have to buy 20 bags there!  I vaguely recall if you sign up for their email spam, you get a $10 off coupon code for purchase over $50 online order, not sure if they still do it.  fyi for those in GTA, they opened a new Lowes at Yonge/Steeles.
    I took advantage of the $10 bucks off to sign up for the spam in the summer, but that spam is what led me to this sale lol.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• AlbertaEgger
    Options

They didn't have any Maple Leaf on the shelf, I have been using Basques for over a year now anyways and love it, so I grabbed what was left on the floor.

Again, thanks for posting!

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SkySaw said:
    Thanks for posting! While Lowes is about a 20 minute drive from me in a busy area, there is a Rona about 5 minutes away. So I went to Rona and they did a price match on the 8kg bags of Maple Leaf. 
    @SkySaw: That's a good lead. I wasn't aware that Rona did price matching. Certainly would be convenient for me, as Lowes is about 40 mins away while there is a Rona within 3 minutes of my place.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,536
    Options
    Found email in my spam folder too!  Basques red-n-white bags also discounted by 20%, to 15.99.  They also discounted selected smokers by 20%, I saw Akorn on sale earlier at $209, all sold out now (not that I wanted one).  No discounts on KJ smokers nor KJ lump though ... few months ago they put whole store on sale at 20% off, KJ Jr dropped from $600 to $480, still higher than Costco Roadshow offer.
    canuckland
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Local store had 28 bags, which is about 10 more than I already have on hand. Due to the snow we have had here in Lotus Land, the store was pretty much empty. Thanks for the heads up on the sale!
    BTW, if you order online, my local Lowe's will pull and hold it for you so you don't have to rush over - assume this is the same at all Lowe's. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When Trump invades Canada to annex as a territory, do you think the massive deforestation (to get to the juicy oil sands) will cause a price drop in maple lump?
    When Trump invades Canada to annex as a territory, do you think the massive deforestation (to get to the juicy oil sands) will cause a price drop in maple lump?
    Nope. The price of a 2X4 is going to triple when Trump slaps an import tariff on Canadian softwood, there will be no deforestation. You should stock up. Given the lack of support for pipelines to move bitumen, Alberta (the tar sands owner) should start digging their own canal to tidewater.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, heading to London tomorrow so I'll stop in and get some.  I only have 1 and a partial bag left and the local crappy tire wants $20 for Royal Oak.

Gerhard
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nope. The price of a 2X4 is going to triple when Trump slaps an import tariff on Canadian softwood, there will be no deforestation. You should stock up. Given the lack of support for pipelines to move bitumen, Alberta (the tar sands owner) should start digging their own canal to tidewater.
    Well, at least 35% higher.  

I'm all for pipelines.  Commodities are going to move one way or another, and the pipelines are the safest and most efficient.
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, heading to London tomorrow so I'll stop in and get some.  I only have 1 and a partial bag left and the local crappy tire wants $20 for Royal Oak.

Gerhard
    @gerhardk    order online now, 1-day sale ends at midnight (not sure if it's ET or PT). as I said earlier, if you register for their spam mail alert you get $10 off min. $50 online purchase.
    edit: free shipping for store pickup
    canuckland
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Thanks for the info but I guess I did not check the computer before going to bed so did not see this.  Next time.

Gerhard
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    not likely since they are coniferous trees which are are really small and sickly because they grow in a swamp that literally oozes oil.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II