Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I leave?

Options

Comments

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I got smoke.
    Is that good smoke or bad smoke? How can you tell?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I got smoke.
    Is that good smoke or bad smoke? How can you tell?
    For the three billionth time:

if it smells good, it is good
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    If its at the end of a tightly wrapped white paper with some green stuff inside, and a faint sound of Bob Marley in the background, it's probably good smoke.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    For those who wanted to know, I wasn't looking to create drama. I may be losing my job in the next year so I am just looking at a potential clean up of social media on the off chance that someone does a search as part of the hiring process. Not intending to leave but wanted to know if there was a way to permanently delete an account. 
    Thanks. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    gmac said:
    For those who wanted to know, I wasn't looking to create drama. I may be losing my job in the next year so I am just looking at a potential clean up of social media on the off chance that someone does a search as part of the hiring process. Not intending to leave but wanted to know if there was a way to permanently delete an account. 
    Thanks. 
    have not seen it done in a while but have seen old posts changed to UNKNOWN by a few members, that way they are not lost. unless that was one of stikes handles, sometimes you never know =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gmac
    Options
    I will say that I should have worded my question better. Beer can make me a bit direct but no one has said or done anything that makes me want to. Well, except for maybe a few comments on this string but I can see that. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sucks about the job. I guess my idea of going down in flames would be counterproductive. 

Good luck in your job hunt. 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @gmac, sorry to hear that losing your job may happen. However, the way the internet works is that if it was ever out there, you can't delete it. Google will bring it up. My best advice is don't even spend the energy trying to remove it from the source, because that just won't work. Just Google your forum name + Big Green Egg and see what comes up. I just did that and not a lot comes up, so you are probably golden. Spend this time working on your explanation to potential employers if they bring it up. Just my .02 cents. Others may have differing opinions.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Good luck on the job hunt. That would be a helluva background check if they searched a BBQ forum where you don't even use your name. Party on Wayne. Party on Garth! 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Unless your real name is gmac your history on this site isn't likely to show up if they use the google machine to search for your name?
  • gmac
    Options
    Ok. Thanks guys. I had heard once that they could ask for pseudonyms and Internet names. But it's been over 20 years since I had to do this so my knowledge of what is real and what is urban legend etc really isn't very good. 
  • gmac
    Options
    Probably very true. I'm not too concerned about this one anyway. I don't think I have said or posted anything problematic but we found out this info recently and this weekend has been a suckfest dealing with what if's. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    How do you leave?  Well that's easy!  You put one foot in front of the other!

Flint, Michigan
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Imho @gmac your participations in this forum would be an asset. Best of luck. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    gmac said:
    Ok. Thanks guys. I had heard once that they could ask for pseudonyms and Internet names. But it's been over 20 years since I had to do this so my knowledge of what is real and what is urban legend etc really isn't very good. 
    you could buy my internet name =) wait that wont help, maybe tell them you post under rrp =) i think thats as clean as you can get on a bbq forum. theres others you could use if you really dont want the job ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    You have to fool em with the screen names, heck.... I am not even really Skinny... no one would figure me out.
    Seattle, WA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    If they find out you include forks in your photos of food or that you like your meat cooked well done it could be an issue.  

If they do ask for pseudonyms I'd be sure to offer them:

Hugh G. Rection
    Mike Hunt
    Hugh Jass
    Al Coholic
    **** Hertz
    Buck Naked
    Ben Dover
    Seymour Butts
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Yeah I doubt future employers look past the main social media i.e.  Facebook, twitter, instagram etc...
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Tell 'em your @RRP :):):)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Tell 'em your @RRP :):):)

NO.  Don't do that.  They'll be afraid you'll come to work in those shorts.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Ok. Tell em you're @Little Steven

for for the record, I know the diff btw your you're and yore. Stupid mobile autocorrect...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    blasting said:

All the best GMAC.  

This thread makes me feel really good about not having facebook, instagram, or twitter.  I'm a ghost.

Well...seeing how you don't have to use your real name on any of those services none of those would be problematic if one chooses to remain anonymous.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    gmac said:
    I will say that I should have worded my question better. Beer can make me a bit direct but no one has said or done anything that makes me want to. Well, except for maybe a few comments on this string but I can see that. 
    GMAC may have had his account tied to his work email address....in which case, he would want to change or delete his account as requested. Will miss you, hope it all works out for you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    blasting said:

All the best GMAC.  

This thread makes me feel really good about not having facebook, instagram, or twitter.  I'm a ghost.

Well...seeing how you don't have to use your real name on any of those services none of those would be problematic if one chooses to remain anonymous.

I understand you're point @heavyg, but private data and fake screen names doesn't always work for people - case in point - Ashley Madison.

Phoenix 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    SGH said:
    You know it seems that folks do come and go for whatever reason. And to each their own I guess. But I wouldn't delete my account if I left. If you delete your account all that typing was in vain. 
    I know a guy that's burned like a hundred accounts. Cant leave it alone though. Did gmac get in a kerfuffle?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gmac
    Options
    No @Little Steven Just wanted to know if it could be done in case it was necessary for a job search. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Can't you set up another e-mail account and use it strictly for personal online stuff and burn your existing one?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    That's how I do this. I didn't burn the original account though.