Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Logan's Roadhouse Steak

Options
I went to Logan's Roadhouse in Gadsden, Al tonight and can say unequivocally that it was not a good petite filet.    No pics necessary.   Trust me, it happened.  
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I went to Logan's Roadhouse in Gadsden, Al tonight and can say unequivocally that it was not a good petite filet.    No pics necessary.   Trust me, it happened.  
    My Beautiful Wife and I never go out to dinner specifically for steak, any more. We just don't. We have spoiled ourselves with the BGE, and the steaks we pull from it. When traveling for business, I never get steak either. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Yeah I've eaten at that one. No good. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @YukonRon I agree and until last night I would've sent the same message.  Not really sure why I did that but it was a huge mistake.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @YukonRon I agree and until last night I would've sent the same message.  Not really sure why I did that but it was a huge mistake.   
    It is not just steak for us anymore, either. I used to go to Logan's, and get chicken. I won't even do that anymore. The BGE, has impacted tremendously, our dining out habits. I will occasionally check out a BBQ place, just to see how I compare with brisket, and I usually leave feeling pretty good about the BGE.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    I can't fry shrimp worth a d... on the egg and my loves them.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    If I were forced to eat at a low end sit-down restaurant chain due to business travel, stuck in airport, etc, I would probably just order their best burger. Hard to screw that up.  Definitely wouldn't spend my own money on a steak after learning to cook.  Same thing with bbq restaurants.  Won't go to any that aren't clearly well-known for greatness.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'm with @JethroVA. I'd order the burger. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• YukonRon
    Options
    Best Airport Burger I have had thus far, 40 plus years of air travel, domestically, is located at the Burbank Airport.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    @JethroVA have you tried the brisket at Deep Run Roadhouse in Short Pump?  Not bad at all. Ribs and pork, meh. Mine is way better. The the brisket and fish tacos are dang good. 
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Best Airport Burger I have had thus far, 40 plus years of air travel, domestically, is located at the Burbank Airport.

Try the burger at Prime in LGA
    Greensboro, NC
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    My lovely bride of 28+ years has for years (since we bought the BGE) declared that we shall not go to any restaurant and order anything that I can make at home, since we eat so much better quality food and so much less expensive at home.

We don't eat out much, though we do like a good sushi date or something exotic that I haven't yet made at home (until I re-create it at home, then that's another check in the "no longer" column.)

Our purchase of the BGE has financially affected most of our local restaurants in a negative way and our local restaurants are pretty damn good according to the local 'foodie' scene.
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    We were just talking about this at home. We haven't went out for dinner in months. We'll grab a lunch or something when we're out but that's it. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Have traveled that airport frequently. What establishment?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    All in with @smokeybreeze - I have lived by the "never order in a restaurant that which you can cook at home" for a few decades and unfortunately before the BGE.  There's always something new on a menu.
    However, when I make the pilgrimage to Austin I will break it bad at Franklin's and others.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Have traveled that airport frequently. What establishment?
    I think it is the Chazz Burger. Saw Elvis Costello there and his posse. Slamming cheeses burgers and fries, swilling cherry cokes.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Agree with @YukonRon never go out for steak .. Never been pleased mine at home is ALWAYS much better 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Cookbook_Chip, no I haven't tried it but thanks for the suggestion. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.