Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 Spicy Sausage Deep Dish Pizzas

Options
My sister and brother in law were in town for the weekend and were staying with my parents. I stopped at my parents place Friday night for a couple beers and to shoot the breeze with them. Out of nowhere my sister yells across the room and says, "Did Joe tell you what he bought? You're going to be pissed!" He says, "A Kamado Joe" I thought:

Just kidding. I was super excited for them. The Costco Kamado Joe roadshow came through their town and he went to look at them. He couldn't justify the cost. After a week or so he came to his senses and went to a local dealer to buy one. He than realized that the Kamado Joe roadshow prices looked real good after shopping around. No dealer would match the road show price. After a little more searching my brother in law talked with a dealer that said they couldn't match the roadshow price but would sell their demo Kamado Joe for $10 over cost. The dealer wanted to move it before winter. Score! He said he's burned through 8 bags of lump in the last couple months he's owned it. 

So my brother in law and I were talking nonstop about grilling and recipes. He mentioned he hasn't tried pizza yet. So Saturday became pizza night. I decided on deep dish pizza.

My wife and I prepped some dough Saturday afternoon:

Two of them were hot sausage, basil, and mozzarella and the other two were hot sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, basil, and mozzarella:

Sauced:

Tossed on my parents egg:

The Finish:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments