Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok Cooking

Options

I have a a couple of questions for the Wok experts.

1. Is the CGS spider or WOO the best for holding a 16" Wok on the large egg?

2. CGS recommends a 12" Wok for the Mini Max but are sold out. It looks like a 14" will fit right on the Woo as well?

I would appreciate any feedback. I'm anxious to get started!

Comments

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I have the 16" wok for my LBGE with the CGS spider - works and fits great!
    Love those CGS products!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    smokeyw said:

I have a a couple of questions for the Wok experts.

1. Is the CGS spider or WOO the best for holding a 16" Wok on the large egg?

2. CGS recommends a 12" Wok for the Mini Max but are sold out. It looks like a 14" will fit right on the Woo as well?

I would appreciate any feedback. I'm anxious to get started!

As to what will fit in what size WOO you should direct your questions directly to Tom at CGS. Send him an email. He really does know his products better than anyone else. He could also let you know about the 12" wok backorder.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    See my recent post Happy Wokking!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @smokeyw I have a mini max with the woo. A 14" wok fits just fine. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon