Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Announcement: The 3rd Annual Brisket Camp is October 22, 2016

Options
I have two locations that are confirmed, but I'm working on a third that I think might be even better, although the odds that we get raided by police for violating a dozen local ordinances is pushing the limits for the official brisket camp lawyers. 

We'll work all that out soon.  I'm going to consult with the lawyers and run some algorithms before we consult the magic 8 ball to determine the final location.  It's all within a mile of where it was the last two years, which is within ferry distance to the French Quarter. 

Let the madness begin.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2016
    Options
    By the way, this event is the third in what will probably be a feature story on TMZ about good people gone bad.  And the shame of all of it, etc. 

What you need to know.

Be in New Orleans, that's where it's at.
    Date is October 22, 2016
    I'll list some resources for places to stay, transportation, legal representation, communicating with locals, etc.

Ideally, you'll want to be here on Thursday.  Friday is worse as you'll miss out on some stuff.  At the very least, be here Saturday. 

DO NOT PLAN A FLIGHT OUT OF TOWN AT 6AM SUNDAY MORNING!!!  Eggcelsior did this last year and we all called him an assh0le because he missed out on the excellent Sunday breakfast and all the alcohol that was consumed during the rising of the sun.  "Cheaper tickets"?  Fk you.
    Options
    For now, that is it.  I might delegate a countdown post like butt blast.  I don't have time for that because I have to organize.  Someone without a life might want to take it on.  Let me know. 

PS - die.
    Options
    Troll.  Stop trolling with your offers of fun and festivities.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Dont you go threatening us with a great time!!!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dont you go threatening us with a great time!!!
    Come to it and I guarantee you'll want to make the next year.  So far, this has been what I've noticed.  I don't know why.  Plus, it's New Orleans. 
    Options
    Oct w2 is the boss's birthday so think that unless she develops a sudden passion for bbq that surpasses her love of football, im stuck.  I love both tho!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Can we wear our Trump gear?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Damn, gonna miss 3rd Annual Brisket Camp.
    We are taking the grand kids to Disneyland.
    No way to get out of it.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Hotch said:
    Damn, gonna miss 3rd Annual Brisket Camp.
    We are taking the grand kids to Disneyland.
    No way to get out of it.

Have they been to Disneyland before?  If not, take them to Brisket Camp and tell them it is Disneyland.  If so, take them to Brisket Camp and tell them you decided to go to a different Disney park because they have already been to Disneyland...
    No they have not, but Shelly and I attend the First Annual Brisket Camp.
    It was EPIC! I was hoping to to attend this year.
    I doubt that she will go for it!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A reminder of @caliking mad skillz

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sounds like a five day weekend. Thursday - Monday!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ...notice how Cali is focusing on the butt?  He's a professional!
    He does appear to have a somewhat wistful look on his face there.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I am thinking of coming I bet it's a blast, plus I would love to up my brisket game. How many folks to you expect?
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Anyone from Atlanta considering this? 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    ...notice how Cali is focusing on the butt?  He's a professional!
    He does appear to have a somewhat wistful look on his face there.
    I'm thinking it's more of the loves lost
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I am thinking of coming I bet it's a blast, plus I would love to up my brisket game. How many folks to you expect?
    Somewhere between 25 and 200, give or take.
  • jimmyhat1978
    Options
    It's on like donkey Kong.  I'm in
    Medium BGE, Japanese Konro, NOLA proud.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We probably get about 100 unique attendees through the day.  At any given time there will be much less there.  It's not a super huge thing, but it's intimate and fun.  

We start on Thursday with liver conditioning.  Friday night we're completely hammered but someone manages to get all the low and slow stuff on for the morning.  Saturday morning everyone is moving around like pack of lethargic zombies, but it picks up quick.  People come and go.  Crash out, wake up, hit the quarter, smash my truck (hopefully that won't happen again) until Sat night. 

No one has remembered Sat night, but anecdotal evidence shows we had a good time.  I seem to remember last time we went to my house and prepped beef cheek and a bunch of stuff for breakfast.

Sunday...more zombie action...fire up the griddle and an egg or two and make breakfast drinks (adult-style) and some home-made bacon, breakfast tacos, etc.   We really don't plan anything too much, that would be actual work.
    Options
    I talked to my buddy and I think we can do a Thursday evening trawler cruise.  Hopefully we won't get boarded by the coast guard again.
    Options
    I talked to my buddy and I think we can do a Thursday evening trawler cruise.  Hopefully we won't get boarded by the coast guard again.
    This was one of my favorites!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Checked my work calendar this morning, it's my off-Friday so I think I'm in!  (plus its just after the FY start so boss-man can't give me something stupid to do). 
    Hope there's a hotel within walking distance, I'd like to forego a rental car and not worry about beverages consumed.  
    I've been on this forum awhile, and I've learned from other forums that once you get to meet a bunch of the folks face-to-face, its so much more fun.  Looking forward to it!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Botch - would be awesome if you make it!  There are some B&Bs in the hood.  Hotels.  I'll post info on that.  Maybe someone will stay sober enough to ferry people around.  Otherwise, Uber comes within 5 minutes and they're dirt cheap. 
    Options
    Chances are I'll be there. Hope that doesn't deter anyone from attending.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Botch said:
    Checked my work calendar this morning, it's my off-Friday so I think I'm in!  (plus its just after the FY start so boss-man can't give me something stupid to do). 
    Hope there's a hotel within walking distance, I'd like to forego a rental car and not worry about beverages consumed.  
    I've been on this forum awhile, and I've learned from other forums that once you get to meet a bunch of the folks face-to-face, its so much more fun.  Looking forward to it!  

We went to brisket camp v1.0 and stayed in a hotel by the airport.  Direct flight from slc on Friday, back on Sunday.  Took a cab to the quarter (like 20 bucks) walked to the ferry to Algiers point, spent the better part of the day there.  Ferried back, and cab back to hotel at like midnight.  It was well worth the quick trip and hangover.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - You and Tony and Dylan have your spots at my crib if, and I hope you do, come.   You might have to do some spooning, but I can almost guarantee that you probably won't remember it one way or another.  And we still have a hammock. ;)

Please y'all, no fires outside the grills this year.  Thanks for putting that last one out, Dwayne.