Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stop it

Options
2»

Comments

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    @SGH - I don't know what everything in those pics is but that is without a doubt the best looking food I have ever seen.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I didnt even get to see and cannot find the other thread. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I didnt even get to see and cannot find the other thread. 
    I'll fill you in. Hillary and Donald both suck. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    @SGH - I don't know what everything in those pics is but that is without a doubt the best looking food I have ever seen.
    Thank you brother, I really appreciate it. And if memory serves, the pics are as follows my friend. 
    Jerk chicken. 
    Deep fried Blue Crab claws. 
    Boiled shrimp with corn, potatoes, mushrooms and onions. 
    Deep fried Popeye mullet fillets. 
    Deep fried sand trout fillets. 
    Shrimp and shroons. 
    More deep fried crab claws. 
    More shrimp. 
    Deep fried softshell crab. 
    Brisket. 
    Flash fried shrimp. 
    Crawfish. 
    Chicken thighs stuffed with spinach and 2 cheeses. 
    More crawfish. 
    Ribeye. 
    2 venison hind quarters. 
    Chicken thigh stuffed with peppers and cheese. 
    A platter of shrimp, crab claws, dungeones crabs, potatoes, corn, mushrooms and sausage. 
    Deep fried turkey breast. 
    Crackling cornbread. 
    More brisket. 
    Mushrooms stuffed with sausage and cheese. 
    More crab. 
    More brisket. 
    Snowcrab legs. 
    Meatloaf wrapped in bacon. 
    And lastX portabello mushrooms smothered with cheese, bacon and parsley.  
    Just a very few of my personal favorites =)  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    Unfortunately this is the world we find ourselves living in.  Before anything is spoken, typed, posted or even inferred it has to be whitewashed by the sensitivity police (I'm sure they have a catchy acronym devised for them by now, to go alongside all the other groups we find ourselves dealing with).

Ultimately someone will be offended by something.

I get it that this is a private forum with rules of engagement, but if I don't like a comment or a thread I just keep on walking....but that is just me...No disrespect to the OP.

For the record, I loved both threads...and I found them both genius and tedious at times.   I do however have a thick epidermis, hardened over time by harsh Canadian winters and years and years of outdoor barbequing (and the dangers contained therein).

I hear the sun will rise again tomorrow.
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Braggart said:

I hear the sun will rise again tomorrow.
    "Many people have said that."
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    XLBalco said:
    i thought this  forum was a "safe place" where i could post and not be judged.  where i can read and not get offended.  i dont like this america.
    Hmmm.... I guess there is no room for the true meaning of the First Amendment.  For **ME**, you can say whatever you like.  I can disagree and vehemently so, but that does not mean I take it personally and require a "safe place". This "I hate you because I don't like what you said" is totally UNAmerican.  You have the right to your thoughts and speech, however, I don't have to like it. I have many friends where I disagree with their political, religious and lifestyle views. That does NOT mean they are not my friends. That does not mean we don't discuss these things. That does NOT mean we have to agree with each other. We are still friends. And you are my friend until you prove you are not. 

For the record, the only "safe place" in America is in your house without any interaction with anyone - EVER - no TV, internet radio or visitors.  If you interact with another human being, you are going to disagree, you are going to be offended, you are going to be "judged", you are going to be disappointed, and if you take every little thing the wrong way, you are going to be offended.

I don't like the thin-skinned, wussness America has become either. 

To keep this food related -- I started a 10lb batch of bacon this past weekend. Rubbed with Kosher salt, brown sugar and lots of pepper.  Will smoke it in a couple of weeks. 
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @SGH great photos! Don't remember you offending. As someone else noted, it's the isolated comment in a mundane post. I've became me somewhat inured to the rather tame mysoginy but hateful (and often incorrect) political statements I find jarring. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia