Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not an egg, but still wings

Options
We did our annual guys camping trip this past weekend on Cooper Creek in GA, been doing it for roughly 15 years. While there was no trout caught, there was plenty of good food to go around, there is just something about cooking your food over a camp fire. We smoked 150 wings then flash fried them, they were a huge hit. We topped it off with a low country boil later that night, if I can find a picture ill post.
Birmingham, AL

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is a big pile of wings!  They look great.  Is that your hammock rig? I like to use a hammock when camping as well.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    This thread made me chuckle.  When I am at home I am very specific about my Egg and every way I cook with it and around it.

I get to a campsite and I'm like, "Coors Light can in the fire? Check. Melted plastic from last night's trash? Check. Cinder blocks and grate? Check. $2k worth of coolers? Check. Fire somewhere between 200 and 800? Check. Ok, lets do this.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    This thread made me chuckle.  When I am at home I am very specific about my Egg and every way I cook with it and around it.

I get to a campsite and I'm like, "Coors Light can in the fire? Check. Melted plastic from last night's trash? Check. Cinder blocks and grate? Check. $2k worth of coolers? Check. Fire somewhere between 200 and 800? Check. Ok, lets do this.

That's hilarious.

As long as you know when the meat is done you can easily overcome the rest of the variables.

And to complete the flavor profile I usually like to see an old charred bone or two in the firepit.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt not my set up but I do have one very similar, this particular trip I went with a tent. 
    Birmingham, AL