Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FB 200 question

Options
just got mine for a bday present... been trying to hook up the wifi... it has been in "updating wifi" mode for about 20 mins... normal or something else going on?

Comments

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    up over an hour updating..  anyone have this issue?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    Updates usually take less than 3 minutes.  Try restarting.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • XLBalco
    Options
    it wont leave that screen. even tried unplugging it and it goes right back to saying updatig
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    XLBalco said:
    it wont leave that screen. even tried unplugging it and it goes right back to saying updatig
    Try resetting your router.  Sounds like it is not connecting to the internet.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • XLBalco
    Options
    yea still nothing...  stuck on that screen.  i guess i will call them tomorrow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Michael will take care of you.  FB customer service is phenomenal.  Sorry you are having issues.  Nothing worse than a new toy not meeting expectations.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    XLBalco said:
    just got mine for a bday present... been trying to hook up the wifi... it has been in "updating wifi" mode for about 20 mins... normal or something else going on?
    Hi XLBalco,

I apologize for the problem you are having with your 200. Unfortunately, we need to replace your controller. Please call us at 800-978-9078 or contact us through our website to provide your contact and shipping information.
    https://www.flameboss.com/contact
  • XLBalco
    Options
    Thanks. I will call tomorrow.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    And that's how you take care of a customer.

You'll love the FB when you get your new unit. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • XLBalco
    Options
    XLBalco said:
    Hi XLBalco,

I apologize for the problem you are having with your 200. Unfortunately, we need to replace your controller. Please call us at 800-978-9078 or contact us through our website to provide your contact and shipping information.
    https://www.flameboss.com/contact

Thanks.  I called this morning and left a VM, also sent my info to the link provided above