Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
edited July 2016 in Off Topic
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    At what frequency or event driven upcoming cook do you check the calibration of your dome thermo?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    At what frequency or event driven upcoming cook do you check the calibration of your dome thermo?  
    I check when it is incorrect.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    -
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I dont know what's going on  :s
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Options
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    !!!!
    ????
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....but it's a dry heat!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    So is an oven
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    No charcoal required
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Hans61
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Sardonicus fùck now I need to fùckin watch the fùckin wire. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Here you go.  A wire watch.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Damn, forgot the picture.  The above is funnier with a picture.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    https://youtu.be/-Sgj78QG9Bg

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Hans61
    Options
    ... Bump 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    My daughter got me hooked on that a few years ago.  Don't start unless you're prepared to put in some serious viewing time.  Very addicting.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Check out Treme if you liked the wire.  Obviously closer to home for me than Baltimore, but produced and directed by David Simon and Eric Overmyer

Options
    nolaegghead - Netflix?

Tommy 

1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• nolaegghead
    Options
    We caught it as it came out on HBO or Showtime, I get them mixed up.   Might be on Netflix.  It was probably way more exciting if you 1) Live(d) in NOLA, esp during Katrina and the aftermath or 2) You like jazz, especially all the eclectic version you find unique to NOLA.   We know some of the main locals in it, from crowds we hung out with in the early 90s.
    Options
    nolaegghead, My family took a vacation to NO less than a month before Katrina.  Bourbon Street, hard to forget.  My wife is from the south.  So after Katrina, we loaded up a trailer and spent a week in Bay St. Louis shoveling muck and ripping dry wall.  Don't think I would have believed it without seeing it.  Before we left, the folks we helped drove us down to Waveland.  They wanted to check on some friends property.  Couldn't find it.  Completely gone.  Not even any debris.  Just gone.  Can't imagine the mess NO must have been.  

Tommy 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @FarmerTom Yeah, you'll like Treme. 

I went through the storm in the city of New Orleans at Touro hospital.  We got out of the city a few days later.  It was a life changer. 

We were fortunate that we just lost part of the roof on our shed, some water damage in the house, but no flooding. 

And someone (we know and has since been deported back to Ireland) broke into our house in a apocalyptic quest for anything with ethanol on it.  Fortunately we took all our good stuff with us (always be prepared!) and all weapons.  Nothing was stolen that we noticed, but the house was "tossed" a bit and our back deck door smashed in with some battering ram/hammer, or drunken freak shoulder.

Very nice of you helping out.  We have great stories of helping neighbors, people coming together, even a couple of treks to Biloxi through some ground zero to recover stuff from a friend's house that was mostly underwater.  His dads house was a slab.  Bunch of people at my work had catastrophic loss, including the "slab" or "pilings" as the only thing left.   There's always something like a soggy teddy bear laying around to make it poignant.

Anyway, it was a weird time.  I could go on and on.   But it brought people together, some turned crazy - had the opposite effect.  FBI investigated our neighborhood for about 2 years because of the bands of trigger happy racists were shooting at everything that moved and there were a couple of people shot just walking down the street.  90% of the population evacuated.  The 10% left were 80% of the worst people to put in a dystopian situation.   The others were exceptional, and make up for the lack of humanity some people had.

However, I digress.  Treme is a good show.  Also loved the Newsroom. 
    Options

Speaking of intriguing television . . .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkkk-oJ6bo
    (FOX viewers may have missed this.  :D  )

B)